Thread: first visit to CPN and I have been brave

first visit to CPN and I have been brave

So today I had my first ever visit with the CPN at my GPs surgery. I was quite nervous before I went in as I didnt know what to expect. Thankfully she was a lovely lady who really seemed to listen to me which was a refreshing change.

We talked through whats been going on with me and about the health anxiety and stuff and she took a lot of notes and talked through a course of action for me.

Firstly she has referred me to something called a self care management programme. It is for people that have any kind of long term health condition and is run by the NHS. Each course lasts 6 weeks and a group of around 10-15 of us will meet once a week for 2 and a half hours. The course is supposed to teach you skills to help manage your condition to help you cope. She said that the least it will do is get me out the house and socializing.

The second thing is she has referred me to a councelling centre who have given me an appointment for 11th January.

She also would like to see me again in 6 weeks to see how I am going.

I have made it clear to her that medication is a last resort for me and she is supportive of this.

I am actually feeling a bit hopeful for the first time in 12 years since this wretched thing started

Also I am pleased to report that I have been brave and been for my first ever smear test today it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and the nurse was lovely I am so pleased that I have had it done as I have been putting it off for years and now feel like a proper numpty for worrying about it for so long

Re: first visit to CPN and I have been brave

Well done, I have to see my CPN every two weeks and find hes is really good and also he has given me the number to the Crisis Team who are available 24/7 which I find is really comforting. I hope this is your first step to recovery.

All the Best Kerry x

Re: first visit to CPN and I have been brave

Well done Kerry...your getting there hun! x

Thread Information