Hi;

Well I've now successfully managed 3 weeks on these, and I'm starting to gradually feel better. I still have panic attacks, but overall I feel calmer about them than I did before. I do find the panic attacks to be a bit more intense when I do have them.. is that normal? I know it can a while to fully feel the effects and I'm trying to ride them out.

Something else I've been noticing is that over the past week, my sleeping hasn't been as good as it used to be. Sometimes it feels like I'm dreaming, yet I have the sensation of being awake. On these occasions I don't feel very refreshed in the morning. I've also been having very vivid dreams, and last night I had a nightmare about dying in a horrific plane crash that left me crying and hyperventilating with really tense muscles at 3am. I'm flying back home to Canada for a visit in May with my partner, and this dream has left me absolutely terrified.

I'm not great on planes, and I know it's crazy but I feel like this is going to happen, and I'm almost tempted to cancel our flights. Just wondering really if anyone has experienced this sleep pattern whilst taking Citalopram? And if so, does it fade away as well?

Sorry for the lengthy post, I just find some of these sensations disturbing. I also find sometimes I'll be about to fall asleep, then jolt awake and taking a sudden deep breath in. Is this all normal?

Basha xx

"To do anything in this world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger; but jump in, and scramble through as well as we can."
-Sydney Smith