Thread: Barium Swallow - I'VE DONE IT!

Red face Barium Swallow - I'VE DONE IT!

Had the Barium Swallow this morning, I was terrified, but really there was nothing to worry about. It was such a simple procedure, didn't even have to drink that much of the Barium, just swallow a mouthful a few times. Only the results to worry about now. The doctor said they had some good pictures and I think he was expecting me to ask if they looked OK, but I didn't dare ask him. I was in that state where you know if you speak you will burst into tears. But it's all done, I thought I would bottle out at the last minute. Can't believe I've done it.

Re: Barium Swallow - I'VE DONE IT!

Aww WELL DONE BNC!!

I have had the barium swallow too, although it was painless it tasted yucky !!

Glad you have got it over with hun!!

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Told you it was OK.

Well done matey

Well Done

Kaz

well dont told you it was painless and wasnt to bad well done again

amandax

Ironically, I had a Barium Swallow done today (10/13) also. I have been dreading it and worried over the exposure to the radiation as well. But at the same time, I also worried about my symptoms and what if I didn't do anything and let it go and it was something.

These next couple of days are going to be torture waiting for the results. How are they handling your results BNCFan? Will you have to go back in and see the doctor or will they just call you and let you know over the phone?

I had it done because I have a pain in my upper back that hurts more when I swallow. Yet at the same time, I keep telling myself it's from doing hair 5 days a week 8 hours a day with my arm in the air, that has resulted in my back pain. The swallowing thing, I have no idea why it's doing that...but I'm worried nonetheless.
    Hang in there, JB

Thumbs up Re: Barium Swallow - I'VE DONE IT!

well done , i couldnt go through with it , to scared of the results , i know im stupid good luck with your results . xxx

Question Re: Barium Swallow - I'VE DONE IT!

Thanks folks. Strangely enough I feel as though a huge weight has been lifted from me now the tests are over, even though I still have to wait for the results. Perhaps I've just burned myself out with the extreme anxiety I've been having for the past couple of months. I've hardly slept and have been unsure what to eat, so have eaten very little. I couldn't keep awake when I got home from the hospital yesterday. It could take two weeks before I get the results, so don't know how I'll cope. Don't know why it has to take so long, the radiologist said the x-rays were good, so why can't he just notify my GP? I was too scared to ask questions at the time, now I'm kicking myself.

Hi BNC

Well dont forget that old saying "no news is good news!"

Im sure if they saw anything unruly (the barium shows problems straight away) they would contact you straight away, they wouldnt wait 2 weeks!

So try not to worry hun.

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Thread Information