Thread: Heart rate when sick

Heart rate when sick

My health anxiety has pretty much gone these past few weeks but I've gone an got ill ;( I hardly ever get poorly (quite weird considerin I had rly bad health anxiety) so it's kinda settin me off again.

I was jus wonderin if your heart rate when you're poorly gets faster and/or harder cuz mine is! I'm really quite sick an I usually get teary an sad when I have a temperature anyway but I can't remember if my hearts supposed to do this or not an is freakin me out!

I walked up the stairs reeeeealy slowly to have a bath earlier and my heart was goin so hard an fast I could feel it in every inch of me, an I havnt bin anxious at all for over a week til now an I'm alone in the house til half 5 which is makin me worse. Jus wonderin if this is normal or not xx

EDIT: I jus had a really big scary palpitation/missed beat too and I havn't for ages is it common to get these more when your ill? Cuz thats made me rly scared aswell now lol. :(

Re: Heart rate when sick

Hi pokerface,
    Yes its quite normal for your heart rate to become much faster when we are poorly, Im not an expert but your body is working harder to fight the infection. I find I get palps when Im not well, partly because my hearts racing with the illness and partly coz Im worrying myself silly about it!
    The problem with palps is we make them worse by worry and when you get them you worry so we go round in circles till we eventually realise they are just a big bully and will go if we ignore them.
    Hope you are feelin better soon, take care

Re: Heart rate when sick

Thx tht made me feel loads better! I was stressin loads about it your right probs is why I got that massive missed beat. Thx a lot x

Thread Information