Thread: Ladies - sore breast

Ladies - sore breast

I am perimenopausal (48 yrs old) and my hormones are in hell at the moment with long gaps between periods then slight bleeding for months on end. Had all this trouble 2 yrs ago and it was hormonal and only had 6 months of normal cycles in this time. I am due a ultrasound of pelvis next week to check thickness of my womb lining . I have occasionally over the years experienced breast soreness due to time of month but only about 4 times a year and it always only affected my left breast and would give me a very tender nipple and ache up side of breast to chest wall especially on sudden movement and would last up to a week.
    A year ago I experienced it for over 2 weeks and was getting a bit panicky when it went away and have not had it since but 3 weeks ago I got it again only in left breast and felt like usual hormonal soreness but also had wasp type stings of pain in it as well. AFter 2 weeks saw GP who gave me thorough exam and she said I had the softest breasts she had ever felt and nothing at all and to come back in 2 weeks if still had it. Well stillg ot it so went back today and she did another exam and said still had lovely soft breasts with no hint of lumpiness. Because my hormones are obviously all over the place she said have my ultrasound next week then come back a week later for results and to review breast tenderness.
    If I still have the tenderness do I insist on going to breast clinic - I am a bit young for a mammogram they can't really see anything if you are under 50 and pre menopause but they can do ultrasound.
    I don't know what to worry about most - my dysfunctional bleeding or my sore boob!

Re: Ladies - sore breast

Hiya,
    Have you tried taking evening primrose oil? I suffered some breast tenderness earlier in the year and got some and thought it was amazing. stopped my tenderness almost immediately. I was a bit sceptical and thought it wouldn't work but was extremely impressed that it did.
    x

Re: Ladies - sore breast

Hey there, I´ve been suffering from tender/sore breasts ever since I started menstruating. Last year it got so bad I was convinced I had the big C. It wouldn´t stop hurting for a second. So I went to the clinic, had an ultrasound done..and ..nothing. And you know what? After that check-up,my breast (it was always the left one) stopped hurting for good.

Thread Information