Thread: Uncomfortable

Uncomfortable

For the last three weeks my left arm pit has felt like there is something in-between it or inside of it. My glands seem fine and dont appear to be swollen/inflammed.
    However it looks as though my left arm pit is fatty/puffy. The skin seems to puff up more inside that one than the right one.
    Could it be excess fat causing this feeling? There's no pain or anything like that, just a feeling of heaviness tight.
    Its playing on my mind allot I was obsessed thinking my glands were swollen but like i said it feels more fatty/squiggy to the touch.
    Anyway any suggestions or thoughts on the matter would be great to put my mind at ease.
    Could this really just be fat is it normal to get fat there etc....

Thanks guys

Re: Uncomfortable

dont worry sounds like fat pockets we thnk the worst with anxiety

Fat pockets? Iv only got it on my left side not on my right is it possible to be fatter on one arm pit and not the other?
    The area looks almost swollen but really soft to touch, its not red in colour or anything either

hi luke my left arm feels like this alot and of course i naturally panic about it. i do sleep with my arms up though and i am going to put it down to that for myself.
    could you possibly be making it tender by touching and prodding alot. as i had this with my neck it was very sore and it was only when my doctor pointed out to me that i am constantly touching my neck did it make sense to me.

Its not really sore or anything though, i showed friends and family and so on and they all tell me it just looks fat/poddy not swollen.
    I just dont understand why one arm pit would be fatter than the other.
    Right now i cant really feel it but no doubt the sensation will be back again soon/

You're not left handed are you? Only reason I ask is I had this but in the right arm pit & the top of the right arm. Even now if I think about it enough I can 'feel' its bigger than the other side. Even when i'm driving & both arms are in the same position.
    I put it down to being right handed & I have to lift shopping bags at work, & always do that with the right arm, so it probably is a bit bigger? Someone without HA wouldn't notice though. A lot of the time we suffer from 'over awareness' if that makes sense.

Yeah i am left handed but i do not exercise my left arm anymore so than my right simply because I dont move much during the day lol. Hence the weight gain. I do understand what you mean about over awareness though and have often thought this maybe the cause of most of my problems.
    I have a docs appointment tomorrow i might mention it to him just to put my mind at rest.

Quote Originally Posted by luke1982 View Post
    Yeah i am left handed but i do not exercise my left arm anymore so than my right simply because I dont move much during the day lol. Hence the weight gain. I do understand what you mean about over awareness though and have often thought this maybe the cause of most of my problems.
    I have a docs appointment tomorrow i might mention it to him just to put my mind at rest.
    Yeh if you are there, you might as well, I would.

Thread Information