Thread: Scared I have breast cancer..found a small lump/irregularity

Scared I have breast cancer..found a small lump/irregularity

Hi I have HA and fret about most things with my body. The last few weeks I've been HA free though however last night I scratched an itch on my right breast and found what appears to be a small lump (not even as big as a pea but about half that). Sorry if its TMA but I am very close to getting my period and my breasts and tender and feel lumpy but this one feels like a real lump and it's kind of irregular shaped. I'm really scared. I'm 33 and healthy, no family history. I'm trying not to freak out. My husband knows I freak out and this time I Have tried to keep calm but inside I'm petrified. We fly back home to where I am originally from in early December for Christmas and now I have to think about what this might mean. I managed to get an appointment with my Dr tomorrow, but I can't breathe, I feel sick, I"m crying a lot and trying to keep a lid on it in front of my husband. Please can someone give some reassurance, I'm scared it could be breast cancer.

Re: Scared I have breast cancer..found a small lump/irregularity

Hi

I have the same issue... well pain in breast and lots of little lumps, I had a scan 4 weeks ago and was told everything was fine but am still having a panic!

I have had 4 lumps in my breast now, each one checked out and fine. I know you are scared cos I get like that too. But remember 9 out of 10 breast lumps are NOT cancer.You also have age on your side being only 33.

You are doing the right thing by getting it checked out by a doctor, dont be scared if they want you to go to a breast clinic to have an ultrasound. This is normal.

It could even just be a normal bit if breast tissue - which was what one of my lumps was. If not then a cyst.

You are just fine. I hope I have managed to reassure you a little.

Love

Lou.xx

thats true mogwog, 9 out of ten lumps are not cancer. maybe even a cyst. dont worry xx easier said than done, i know!!

Thanks you have reassured me a bit, I'm trying to keep busy and NOT google. I keep telling myself if for some remote reason it is bad, it's small and hopefully cureable and I WILL be ok.

I will come back tomorrow with an update from my Dr

Hugs to all, thank you

Well done for not googling - its very hard I know!

Honestly I think you are going to be fine and I hope you come away feeling reassured by the doc.

Good luck - not that you need it.

Lou.xxxx

Well I went and saw my Dr. She said she could feel something and sent me for an ultrasound right away. I went and the technician couldn't find anything yet my Dr and I did feel a lump, so she called in a Doctor who examined and said I was fine and that it is normal for young women to get this and to leave it. I rang my Dr to tell her and she wasn't satisfied with this and said that she would like me to have another ultrasound in a couple of weeks when I am mid-cycle and not so close to my period as I am now as this can cause the breasts to be fuller and denser. So I am not reassured at all and am still worried and have to get through the next 2 weeks and try not to worry. I have been worried out of my mind all day due to thinking of breast cancer and I feel no better..how will I get through this? My wonderful husband came with me today, and I keep thinking how will I cope if I have breast cancer and never see him again..pls help me

Hi - did you have an ultrasound? if there was something suspcious it would show up - also I had a similar experience back in feb - the Dr felt a lump yet when I went for the ultrasound they couldn't find anything (Dr found lump on mon and I had scan on wed) and I queried this and the breast consultant said cysts can disappear overnight obviously breast cancer would not. Can you still feel the lump? try to take comfort that they couldn't find anything - I'm not going to say don't worry because you will but at least you are having a further scan so you can feeling completely reassured - sending big hugs to you xxx

Yes I did have the u/sound and two people couldn't see it but it's still there and my Dr wasn't happy that they just "dismissed" me like that so she wants me to see a Surgeon today, I guess to see if it needs a biopsy. Naturally I'm worried sick, I honestly am scared stiff it's cancer. I hope he can give me some reassuring news.

Thread Information