Thread: NHS Strikes Again!

Angry NHS Strikes Again!

Hey guys

Some of you may have seen my posts before I am 20 dont drink much dont smoke but have a hell of a lot of anxiety! So I was due to have an Mri scan of my neck today as I have a lump there.
    Previously I had a ultrasound of a lump in my neck done by the consultant radiologist who told me there is a lump there it is round a moves freely however he couldnt properly tell what it was and in a normal patient he would say to do a follow up ultrasound in 3 months but because I was anxious he'd do an mri just to check it. So I went for my mri today when I got there they said that my appointment had been cancelled and I have to go to the hospital to have it done so I said why ? Amd they said because youre having a contrast scan done on your liver ? My liver ? Something I had never complained about never even remotely thought about and my radiologist said he was scanning my neck !!!!!! Grrr im so angry

Im about 80% sure im going to cancel the scan now for the simple fact Im not concerned about my liver and im pretty sure if I cancel it I will be doing my anxiety a huge huge favour

Re: NHS Strikes Again!

Just complain, sounds like it's nothing more than an admin cock up!

Lump in neck but liver scan why? What is confusion

Exactly makes no sense ! My lump has gone slightly down the past couple of days so think im defo gonna cancel it tbh

Why don't you just seek to explain their error to them as opposed to cancelling? If your quack thinks you need the original scan you still need it.

I will question it and hopefully I will be able what im saying is if its correct that they are supposed to be scanning my liver im not going to go

Sounds like some kind of administration error really.

Also, I'm not sure about the doctors logic of scanning you just because you are anxious... pretty bad reason to do a scan I think as the scan itself will lead to more stress and anxiety.

Thread Information