Thread: yucky feelings

yucky feelings

Hello all, I'm so glad the site is back up again, I've missed you all!! xx

I have been feeliing unreal quite a lot lately. I thought DP/DR was related to anxiety, so how is it possible to feel DP'd even when I am not anxious??!!??!!

Then again, I must subconsiously be more anxious than I realise, as I was driving home from work a few days ago (driving at night is where my problem lies, as I mentioned a while ago), and I drove over a bump in the road and nearly jumped out of my skin! Hadn't know I was so 'wound up'.

I thought I was doing ok!! :-(

Julia xx

'To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world'.

I missed everyone as well! I kept coming to the URL every day to see if it was back up I felt like I had been cut off!

I know how you feel Julia.. in fact I have begun to consider is DP really the root of my panic attacks? The disorientation I feel, the shifting reality would be enough to make anyone anxious. It makes you feel like your entire world is one dimensional and flat at least in my case at times.

I haven't had a full blown panic attack now in probally a month (Seems Effexor and Therapy is doing it's job) But yesterday all night while I was at work I felt like I was observing myself and giving commentary on what i should and shouldn't be doing.. it was to say the least positively mind numbing by the time i got home last night I was a shaking, irrational mess...

Today I feel better like it never happened ..every now and then i space out for a little while but i don't feel like i should have popcorn watching the Talia Story like yesterday.

Well I'm off to work now.. which should be a trip since i'm still under novacaine from my dentist appointmet this morning lol.. numb numb numb.

Take Care
    Talia aka Shadowwin

I understand how you feel. You know that the DP/DR is like a side effect. You may not think you are feeling anxious, but perhaps you are so used to feeling anxious or panicky that you don't even realize it. I know this is one of my biggest problems. I have felt spaced out pretty much all day after my panic of this morning. Therapy has helped me alot and like Meg told me in response to my post, the "what ifs" can really set off those feelings because your body and your mind just cannot handle the constant anxiety. It does eventually go away. It can come back, but as some wise people here said, just consider it a "blip" in your radar; don't make too much of it.

This site is a Godsend. I check in here whenever I am feeling particuarly crappy and realize that all of us here experience the same things on occasion and it's nothing to worry about.
    Hugs!!

Thread Information