Thread: Hearing Pulse in back of neck or head! Please?

Hearing Pulse in back of neck or head! Please?

Hi,
    I know that I have posted this symptom in another post and even went to a GP...But now im suppose to go to an ent on thursday and I am so worried.My GP told me that I had a partial blockage of my left ear and full blockage of my right ear.She cleaned my right ear out and was going to give me some antihistimeans for my sinus but I have tachocardia problems sometime ,so she cleaned the right ear out and then set me up with an appointment for an ent..My question is and I am so worried is that I keep hearing my pulse and it sounds like the back of my head or in my neck and when I plug my left ear I don't have it..I have read that this symptom can be caused by anyurism,cartroid artery blockage or other serious maladies...I am was wondering ,if I had symptoms of these things other than ear blockage wouldn't the doctor know it? She listened to my heart and also took bp...but aren't they trained to look for other things like your eyes or something to tell if you have symptoms of blockage..? I don't have dizziness ,or nausea,or pain or anything that I have seen associated with these blockages and I don't get out of breath easy..so I was just curious ...isn't it possible that she would have known it was something else if in fact it was? I want to say she knew what it was..but its so loud sometime and it doesn't really sound as if its coming from inside my ear..I have read that in a small percent of the time this is something serious and about the other 40 to 70 percent of the time they cannot even find whats causing it..I have read where some people have suffered with this for months,years, and some for many years..and had all kind of test..and never found it and a few others had blockages and etc..but compared to those who have never found it there seems to be just a few that it was something serious.I have had it for over two months..and not really had anything other than the annoying pounding ..but im really anxious and scared about what the ent will find..and woke this morning with neck pain ,but that could be caused from the way I slept.Please please if you know this is nothing other than anxiety or ear trouble please post me..Im really worried..Thank you ..

it may well be tension i get that its like a tense pain going all the way up my nech and into my head that is where you are probably worrying dont worry im always worrying you are not alone xx

mrs m bevis

My money would be related to tension. I often get tension headaches in the back of my neck/head and certainly feel pulsing when they are at their best!!

These headaches often come on as the day progresses but I do also wake up with them. I can understand the end of day discomfort but can't work out the waking headache!!

I spoke to my gp about this and she felt that was probably the reason, related to me general depressed demeanor. Best treatment was ibubufren for the pain but to look to tackle the causes.

I have heard that deep muscle massage helps as it straighten out the tissue that gets knotted and tightens causing the discomfort.

Laisez les bon temp roulez

I would also definitely say tension.
    About hearing your pulse in your ears. Do you know what it sounds like if you cover your ears and talk? Nothing sounds the same if your ears are blocked, not even your pulse.
    I am sure it's nothing more than anxiety and wish you luck on Thursday.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

it does sound like tension
    i have blocked ears from time to time and like hexia said everything does sound different and i can hear and feel my pulse

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

Thread Information