Thread: Fears of brain hematomas and hemorrhages..

Fears of brain hematomas and hemorrhages..

hey so remember a couple of months back when i told all of you my mom hit me? well,sadly today it happened again... this time with an aluminum cane (it was hollow not like an aluminum baseball bat) on the top of my head. I didn’t lose consciousness or throw up though I have a bump where she hit me and I went to the hospital because I was really really scared. They did a nuerological exam and said that I was alright (no ct scans...),maybe a mild mild concussion and got discharged. I went to sleep at a friends place because I dont want to be in my own house right now and then started googling as soon as I woke up again and found all of these things to be worried about,specifically brain hematomas and subarachnoid hemorrhages..
    Right now my head hurts in the spot and even in some places where she didn’t hit me like on the other side of my head and thats making me think I have a coup-contrecoup injury (which basically means you get hit so hard that it affects the opposite side too). Is it normal to have a headache like this after an injury? Also my neck kind of hurts
    :(. I feel okay otherwise than that but I’m very scared and I feel like I’m sitting here waiting for something.... I’m scared.

Also this is kind of weird but my spit tastes weird to me? Like it doesn’t taste right? Idk if that makes sense but my sense of smell and whenever I eat something (I just had something to eat) its tastes the same? I thought it was to do with the hitting of the head but idk
    also the side where the hit was it hurts to lay on,theres a bump there
    Last edited by purplewitch; 12-11-17 at 11:35.

Re: Fears of brain hematomas and hemorrhages..

How old are tou!???? Your mother should not be hitting you with anything. This concerns me more?

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

To reassure you. You've been to the hospital and they let you leave. If anything was wrong or could be wrong they wouldn't let you leave.

I had a heavy door fall on my head last week and it hurt like s bitch and I had a huge bump
    And a head ache for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by bingjam View Post
    How old are tou!???? Your mother should not be hitting you with anything. This concerns me more?

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 ----------

To reassure you. You've been to the hospital and they let you leave. If anything was wrong or could be wrong they wouldn't let you leave.

I had a heavy door fall on my head last week and it hurt like s bitch and I had a huge bump
    And a head ache for a few days.
    I知 19,I know that this would concern people more but my hypochondria totally takes over my mind when stuff like this happens,sorry to hear a door fell on your head! I知 glad youre okay

I agree with Bing here. Fortunately you're Ok but it's VERY concerning that you experienced what amounts to physical abuse from your mother! Has this been something that has gone on throughout your life?

EDITED: I see that's the case
    (I know that thats terrible and bad but I'm 19 and I can now move out and am planning to,she has hit me in the past a lot)
    PWitch, is there a way you can get out of there? That's abuse! No wonder your mental state is what it is! Does the hospital know your Mom hit you?

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 12-11-17 at 12:18.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by purplewitch View Post
    I知 19,I know that this would concern people more but my hypochondria totally takes over my mind when stuff like this happens,sorry to hear a door fell on your head! I知 glad youre okay
    I just wanted to reassure you that heads are a lot harder than you think.

I'm really worried about you though. Where about in the uk are you? Or are you not in the uk. There's a few numbers I can give you to help you. No mother should ever lay a finger on their children. And your mother sounds like she does more than just that. The hospital let you leave so be reassured you will be ok. Did you tell the hospital how you got your injury?

If you have any other family or friends you can stay with for now then do it. And if you need any other help I have some numbers you can ring

Bing...According to the profile, she's here in the US. www.mentalhealth.gov for mental health issues and http://www.thehotline.org/ for domestic abuse. I agree with you that this is not an acceptable situation or behavior from her mother

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hey there! In response to your primary concern, I have been hit in the head with a baseball bat at full swing (accident), hit my head pretty hard on the trunk of my car more than a few times in my life, and have slipped and fell on concrete, causing me to hit my head (darn winter) . All these things caused me to get a bump on my head and one even caused a minor concussion, but there was no hemmoraging (so?) Of any sort. I am more than sure you are ok when it comes to that so try not to worry.

Also try and stay away from Dr Google. I have brought up to my doctor's how I googled my symptoms and he always told me that was the worse thing s person with anxiety could do. Your mind will just run with it.

Now as for the abuse...PLEASE listen to the others who have posted telling you to take action and get help. Nobody should be treated like that. :(

Thanks guys, I’m currently not in my house and I told the doctors how it happened of course,and their first concern was checking me out.

I know its not acceptable behavior,since I am 19 child services cannot get involved but the cops can,though I don’t really know if I would call the cops on my mother. I am in therapy and i talk to my therapist about it though along with my other anxieties

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicCookie View Post
    Hey there! In response to your primary concern, I have been hit in the head with a baseball bat at full swing (accident), hit my head pretty hard on the trunk of my car more than a few times in my life, and have slipped and fell on concrete, causing me to hit my head (darn winter) . All these things caused me to get a bump on my head and one even caused a minor concussion, but there was no hemmoraging (so?) Of any sort. I am more than sure you are ok when it comes to that so try not to worry.

Also try and stay away from Dr Google. I have brought up to my doctor's how I googled my symptoms and he always told me that was the worse thing s person with anxiety could do. Your mind will just run with it.

Now as for the abuse...PLEASE listen to the others who have posted telling you to take action and get help. Nobody should be treated like that. :(
    Hey there thanks! Also i am getting help with my current home situation.

Is the bump supposed to hurt :( Like it hurts when I lay on it? I知 still reallt scared of hematomas and hemorrhages. Where did you hit yourself if you remember? I got hit on the top of my head near the scalp about a couple of inches to where my hairline starts,so that place is covered with hair (very thick hair I may add. Its a b**** to comb lol) Reason I ask is because I heard it matters where you get hit in the head

Thread Information