Thread: Freaking out about brain aneurysm

Freaking out about brain aneurysm

I'm 25 years old and pregnant with my third child! I am about 14 weeks and for some reason I have been having bad pain behind my right eye. It has been hurting as well as he right side of my scalp, sometimes the right side of my jaw and right side of neck. I have gone to my OB, my normal DR and seen a neurologist who have all said it's migraines.... well they haven't done any scans so I can't believe them because the pain won't go away. I seen my ophthalmologist as well who said my eyes are healthy but today I'm obsessing over the fact I think it's an unruptured aneurysm...... I can't get it out of my head that I'm going to die one day soon because it'll rupture and all the drs haven't cared enough to do a scan. I need reassurance but I feel like I won't get any until I have a scan 😩😩😩😩

Re: Freaking out about brain aneurysm

So I am in fact not pregnant and nor am I a family, but I do share this worry with you. At your age, statistically it's unlikely. Are you suffering from high blood pressure or anything? Have you experienced the pain prior to becoming pregnant?

No I never experienced these type of pains before pregnancy and my blood pressure has been normal at every appointment so far!

Margarines and headaches are coming problems in pregnancy. Aneurysms are not. I'm pretty sure headaches are really coming during the first trimester. I can't remember when my fiancé was pregnant with our child but she had a few different changes happen through the early stages. Also I was just reading about aneurysms the other day and came across a few studies that showed no increased risk of a rupture. That is of course for people who already have them. I also think I read there was no increased risk for pregnant women. I can find the articles of it would help ease your mind. Though I know reading stuff for some people is a downward spiral. I'm not writing this to tell you not to worry as that's on you and you know what you're experiencing. Though I am trying to provide some other points of views opposed to what your thinking at the moment. Also have you expressed your worries with your OBGYN. I don't remember what you wrote in the original post.

With every pregnancy I got really bad migraines in the second trimester (from around 11 weeks to 19/20 weeks), then they would tail off and go away. They were always one sided, behind the eye and temple. Totally common in pregnancy. If they get bad, go to the doctor about them to see what they recommend about pain relief (a bit limited in pregnancy unfortunately) but may be able to sign you off work till they get better.

Make sure you drink plenty of water, have lots of rest and maybe try one of those heated wheat bags round your shoulders/neck. Cool patched for the head are great too.

Thread Information