Quote Originally Posted by SamL94 View Post
It's ok then. I won't post my symptoms online. I wouldn't show concern about my symptoms. I won't mention them at all and just let them get worse and worse just in case I 'offend' someone. Instead of moaning at me for being offensive don't you think it would be wiser to contact the Cancer forum and tell them to remove their 'pre-diagnosis' sub-forum, as it is not just me posting in there.

I have read about plenty of people who had test after test which showed nothing, only to then be diagnosed with cancer when it was too late. Now, I know that this is a low percentage of cases, and I am not coming here and saying I am definitely one of these people. But it sickens me that they will have got the same ridicule that I am currently getting. I have had constant jokes about this lump, such as people, like you said, telling me to 'get a life' and mates asking me how my 'pretend tumour' is. It sickens me that these people would have been subject to the same ridicule. It disgusts me that these people will have being made to think that they were going crazy with anxiety, when in fact they were the only ones that were right.

It's easy for you and anybody else to just blindly say there is nothing wrong with me, but again, I bet the people I mentioned above were told the same thing.

There is a difference to having an abnormality, and having an abnormality coupled with discomfort right where that abnormality is.

This is my LIFE we are talking about here. The bullshit about 'tests are only wrong in a small number of cases blah blah blah' doesn't wash with me. Even if it's only 1% of cases, I am not chancing my life like that.

Give me one GOOD reason as to why I could not turn out to be like the other people who were told they don't have cancer, only to be later diagnosed. And like I say 'it's only a small number of cases' is not a good reason.

In response to your answers:
1. Yes, globus and reflux could cause the discomfort, but it's funny how the discomfort is just on my right side, exactly where this lump is. And again, I had the discomfort before finding the lump.
2. It's not a skewed perception. The lump clearly gets in the way when I shave, and it didn't as few months ago. That's not me being bias, or paranoid. That's the truth. And I don't even poke and prod it that much. In fact a while ago I went like 5 weeks without touching it once, yet still no change.
Sorry to say but your answers are just as flawed as the ones the doctors are giving me. The fact I can counter argue them both shows that.

Look, I'm not coming here and saying I disagree with you. I could well have acid reflux and anxiety, I'm not disputing that. But in my eyes I could also have cancer, even if the possibility is low. And I can't take that chance. I've booked to go to my GP again on Monday and I'm going to ask to go private to get another scan and certainly a biopsy.
Hi Sam,
First thing you do not have anything serious. One of my friend got that lump in his right side of neck. Initially it was big same as you he afraid and did ultrasound and biospy. The doctors said there is nothing as you but there is potential to become cancer so its better to be treated. He acted smart on this. Discussed with various doctors to find out the root of this problem instead of treating the symptoms and the operation of removing the lump is for the symptom hence it may come back.

So he worked with alopathist, Naturo path ( Sidha & Ayrvedic ), Homeopathist. Finally he got treated with Naturo path the size of the lump is gone down to 10 times. Now he is not worried much though it exist. as the size is less.

what he has done is, avoided all foods making nausea and sore throat. Took candida diet basically. Included Turmeric, Ginger, garlic in his food.

All the best for you too. Keep posting.