Thread: Heart pounding when playing competitive video games

Heart pounding when playing competitive video games

I'm not sure anyone here will be able to relate but when I play competitive games like CSGO and League of Legends my heart starts pounding in certain scenarios, for example if I'm the last one left on my team on CSGO or in team fights on LoL. It feels like too much adrenaline is being released as my heart starts beating forcefully I can feel it easily through my chest.

Can anyone else here relate?

Re: Heart pounding when playing competitive video games

I can relate totally. It's completely normal, positive even. It means you find the situation sufficiently stimulating and exciting to trigger adrenalin into your blood stream which will make you perform better in that moment when you need to.

The problem is that you, as everybody here does, worry things like this are bad somehow. It's that that you need to notice.

Worry when you have to face a very stimulating situation and you DONT feel any adrenalin. It's normal, it helps us, don't give it's appearance any negative meaning. Enjoy those moments in games. They are the best bit.

I get this a lot lately. My heart rate can go way up and cause mild to severe palpitations in my chest and neck.

My stress levels have even gotten so high, that my arms and hands start to shake when the action gets to intense. And I don't mean like a discrete little tremble, no my entire upper body can start convulsing at some points. Maybe I should lay off the competitive gaming for a while, huh?

I'm sure the game programmers would be very happy to read this

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Smile Re: Heart pounding when playing competitive video games

I get this a lot too xD. say your killing a bunch of monsters... you kill about 1000 in less than 3 minutes... then you get killed, that's when your heart starts pounding. It's normal, because your playing the game so fast and your so focused. Just don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple View Post
    I get this a lot lately. My heart rate can go way up and cause mild to severe palpitations in my chest and neck.

My stress levels have even gotten so high, that my arms and hands start to shake when the action gets to intense. And I don't mean like a discrete little tremble, no my entire upper body can start convulsing at some points. Maybe I should lay off the competitive gaming for a while, huh?

How have you over come this? I have this and it's mainly when I smoke weed and then game my heart goes very fast and I have the same symptoms as you how is it now?

This happens to me all the time! Nothing to worry about!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

I am a sim racer. My BP goes up to 160 over 100, my heart rate only goes up a bit. But my chest gets tight at the top middle, blood pressure goes sky high and i start freaking out. I am scared i am going to die or have a stroke, heart attack one day Sim racing. Surely its not good for this to happen, like sky high BP for over 2 hours. Once the race ends, my BP comes back to normal. But still its starting to effect my performance. I love this hobby, but im starting to think, should i do it for health reasons.

I had this in the past playing WoW PvP or raids, my eyes would go a bit blurry and stare forward my arms and hand would go stiff like I’m losing feeling in them and my heart will raise and I will start to panic

Thread Information