Thread: ECG

ECG

ive been told to go into hospital anytime within the next few weeks to have one, told it doesn't hurt or take long, my only worry is having to take my top off its scaring me i don't want them to see my bits and pieces and if its a male doc i'll freak

Re: ECG

Hi

I have had a few ECGs done - you lie on a bed they attached cables to you and you stay still for about 15 seconds and your done. I did have to remove my top and bra but they gave me a blanket to cover myself. It is quick and painless and over in minutes

Good luck - let me know how you get on

A

hi

when i had mine done two weeks ago i laid there told the nurse i felt nervous and she talked to me all the way it took about 3 mins to do it yet took me 3 hours of nerves to feel better she only lifted my top up to put the pads on and b4 i knew it it was over and i had worried silly for nothing i know its the thought that is a worry but its going to be over b4 u even know it

I have heart probs and had loads of the Echos and Electros! If it is Electro CG - You won't have to take your bra off it's just a heart rythm trace! An echo you will cause that is a heart scan (like the scan for having a baby).

Neither hurt and are over quickly - and don't worry if it is male or female they do this for a living anmd have seen it all before - Not a problem, keep your chin up!

Much Love xx

well i had one up at hospital before they kept me in soo don't think i need to go for the one pshych was asking me to, had to take my bra off i started crying even though it was female nurse person, who tried to calm me down, i wasn't worried about the ecg just having my bra off :(

Hi Lonely
    How are you today?
    I am really shy about my body and always have been. I have had a lot of ECG's in the past and each time I find it uncomfortable with my chest exposed, however each time it has always been done by a female nurse, and I just remind myself throughout the ECG that they have seen it all many times over and its nothing new to them.
    The last 2 times I had it done I always asked to be covered and that definitely helped me to relax.

Thread Information