Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worried about conflict

Re: Worried about conflict

I am super proud to be British and having served in the armed forces for my country (I never fought in any conflict so please don't have that perception - those that do are the true heros of the Country)

That being said, it saddens me greatly that our elite and that of the US put such emphasis on having an "enemy" to justify spending and keep the populace buying out of fear.

Its widely documented that anxiety or mental health has been massively increasing over the last decades, maybe they should look towards to media and their propaganda campaigns as a possible cause.

Excellent posts Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by PWO_Nathan View Post
    I am super proud to be British and having served in the armed forces for my country (I never fought in any conflict so please don't have that perception - those that do are the true heros of the Country)

That being said, it saddens me greatly that our elite and that of the US put such emphasis on having an "enemy" to justify spending and keep the populace buying out of fear.

Its widely documented that anxiety or mental health has been massively increasing over the last decades, maybe they should look towards to media and their propaganda campaigns as a possible cause.
    Bang on the money Nathan. Can you imagine if all the money that nations spend on weapons were spent on medicine and medical research?

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    Excellent posts Nathan
    Thank you I just hope the OP takes some form of reassurance by way of counter argument as that's all anxiety is, counter arguing what you "feel" with what is fact. Unfortunately, I am not very good at practicing what I preach :(

Without sounding clinically insane, I honestly feel that if we ever made contact with Aliens (bare with me am not nuts haha) it would be the best thing for this family. Our problems as a race are we are too inward thinking and feel completely alone. Imagine if we pooled our resources and looked outwards what we could accomplish. No famine, no border friction, medical research and cures available to all not just those lucky enough to be in a World Power Country.

---------- Post added at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

LOL Family. Can you tell I am tired. Earth. Where the f did family come from. Go to sleep Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Bang on the money Nathan. Can you imagine if all the money that nations spend on weapons were spent on medicine and medical research?
    Makes you think. Maybe some of us wouldn't need this forum in the first place...

Thank you all. You've really helped.

You're most welcome, sorry for my essay previous I just tried to fit it all in

Anymore reassurance or specific questions regarding conflict please drop me a line

Again I am not an analyst and don't presume to be right, however I can certainly challenge your thoughts for you

I feel this just the same about the news.
    I've been just going through my internet settings and filtering things out. I feel bombarded with bad!
    Thanks to those comforting words in the thread, it's nice to see another side.

AND
    'AV A
    PASTY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information