Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: False friends on Facebook

Red face False friends on Facebook

Anybody else experienced this?

Two people who I worked with for a good few years deleted me from Facebook this year for no reason. One person had deleted around 20 people and I was included.

Also a few people I mailed read my message ignored it or just never opened it.

I must admit I feel very disappointed about this. There doesn’t seem to be much logic behind people deleting people but they must prefer to have less friends or something. It’s very disappointing when it’s people I’ve had a close friendship with over the years.

Also there’s been ones who just vanish from Facebook altogether.

Re: False friends on Facebook

Facebook is toxic and bad for your mental health.

I believe that, when it becomes a problem, you should trash it after getting contact details of your true friends

Facebook is pretty fake. It doesn't reflect your worth as regards how many "friends" or "likes" you get. For young people social media can be so damaging as it's very much NOT the be all and end all of your status in life even though you think it is..

Don't let this get to you, Phil. What happens in real life and not online is the important thing.

Facebook ruined my life but I won't go into details

Yes its fun but in the long run it can cause more harm than good

I don't think it's fun, that's why I will never ever have FB/Twitter not the in slightest interested ATB

I only went back into Facebook, was one way to contact my children all at the one time. its easier to talk in a private message, that I don't have to repeat myself several times. not all my children answer their mobile phones.

I have had people delete me and close friends delete me. that's okay.

Saying that had one person on what's app messaged for ages was blocked that cut me up as we met twice, then a few months back while using you tube ( part of Google) and my phone is synced across all of Google services, any way while browsing You Tube it said you may know these people, I looked at one of the Avatars and recognised one person so sent a invite to them and they accepted my invite it was the same person who
    once was a friend and had blocked me we are now talking again and have phoned each other 3 times so here's hoping this will continue Also what I am saying it's much nicer to speak and meet than sit behind a screen seems a bit fake to me I like living in the real world so guess there is pro's and cons on this ATB

I tried Face Book just to see. I did not like it at all. Not going on it again.

Facebook itself is not evil in itself, it is what you make of it.

I have many people that I see regularly during the summer weekends and fb is a great way for us all to stay in touch over the winter months.

I delete people too Phil, sometimes because they are already in groups that I am a part of and I do not have any ties with then outwith the group topics. Sometimes it is people who perhaps post things I do not agree with or things that simply bore me.

Friending or unfriending someone on fb does not necessarily reflect real life. People I have unfriended on fb due to their posts are still people that I get on with when I meet them and visa versa also applies.

Unlike BB I love the fact that fb allows me to have an on line connection with people that I may never meet for real.

Try not to dwell on it Phil, it really doesnt mean anything and trying to figure out someone elses motives will drive you mad.

Elen thb with you I too have quite a few online people but there is nothing nicer than meeting people too iam sure you agree ATB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information