Page 51 of 138 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram side effects?

Re: Citalopram side effects?

I had been doing quite well, no side effects to speak of but in the last couple of days I've been feeling a little rough. Headaches and nausea and a pain in my eye that made my vision a little blurred. Plus, the anxiety has returned somewhat (but I think that's because I haven't even seen another human being in 3 days as my window was broken and I had to wait for someone to fix it-so I suppose I did see one person). Hoping it's temporary, as I've only been on them for 8 days now.

Oh, and edited to say that, like Lex, I could sleep for England at the minute!

Lex, my side effects lasted about 2 weeks and then they eased so hopefullly you should start to feel a bit more with it soon but every one is different. Really hope you do feel better soon though.

Lenore what you are feeling is the side effects of the drug adjusting in your body.You will start to feel better as the dose settles, it took three weeks for me,but everyone is different,and its all worth it in the end.All the best SUE
    Last edited by suzy-sue; 26-03-09 at 12:51. Reason: wrong name

Do people find they are able to sleep again when the side effects subside? How long did it take before you got a good night's sleep?

Does exercise help?

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

It will start to get better once the dose has settled and you start to feel better.You should see an improvement after 6 weeks ,if i can rememberit took a couple of months to start sleeping through without waking at ridiculous times.I still get the odd night when i find it hard to get off ,but usually sleep for about 7hrs.Sometimes i wake up with a jolt,thinking that someone has knocked the door & last week woke twice thinking the dog next door was barking,it had been barking the previous day for 6hours non stop, so hardly suprising really.As with everything else we all respond differently and hopefully you will sleep better sooner.What a pain it is ! All the best sue

Question Re: Citalopram side effects?

Hi All.....

Long time no see....Sorry haven't been around for a while but if you've read my posts I seem to be on top of the world with these Citalopram!!!

I started them on 11th Jan this year and it took about 5 weeks or so for me to feel any different. But now I wouldn't be without them!!

I have only one question for anyone that has an answer.....

I've been on these for over 2 months, my sex drive came back after about 6 weeks but the only problem I'm having is that I can't seem to be able to orgasm?
    Any ideas as to why?

Answers would be very grateful.

Apart from that I am feeling GREAT!!!

Misteeq

Hi all,

I'm new to this website, even though I have been joined for a while now. I have been suffering with severe anxiety for the last year to the point where I have been unable to function at work. i am currently off work with stress and anxiety, the doctor initially put me on trazadone, which was dreadful, it made me glum and depressed. I went back to the doctors and he put mo on citalopram, I took 10mg for the first 10 days, and now on 20mg a day foe the last four days. The side effects from citalopram, were quite severe, I had shaking, twitching and I have difficuly keeping my head still, but mentally the anxiety has been reduced and I can function with less problems in social situations.

Does anyone else suffer with the shaking and twitching, and does it settle down? I have started doing mindful meditation to help with controlling the shakiness and twitching as I am putting this down to tension caused by stress, Has meditation worked for anybody else?

Thanks

Lion King
    Last edited by Lion King; 29-03-09 at 13:19. Reason: Length of time taking citalopram missing.

Lion King, I've been on it for 10 days now. The shakiness has hardly affected me today and I managed to get a decent night's sleep last night for the first time in 2 weeks. I still get other side effects but I think they might be reducing slightly. It's different for everyone but the average seems to be 2-4 weeks.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

I was going to say the same...give the side effects a couple of weeks or so to disappear or die down a lot!
    I seem so much better since going up to 40mg though had a bad night last night because my husband couldn't sleep and he kept waking me up, so I felt really low first thing and quite shakey but I am perfect now!

I'm finding that I'm still having issues with jaw clenching. Although, I csan't be sure if its citalopram of whether its become a habit with me! My jaw is feeling a bit sore today, I know last night I was clenching a lot. I've got a general appointment with my dentist coming up soon and I'm going to ask him about it, and see if he's got some tips

Page 51 of 138 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread Information