Thread: Palpatations

Palpatations

I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing are "palpatations".

Up until joining this site I hadn't experienced or noticed my heart pumping. However, in the last few weeks I have at times noticed my heart pumping hard. I haven't noticed any unusual rhythm, just noticed my heart pumping at various times, which if you think about it we can all feel because we all have a pumping heart! [Duh!]

Is this a palpatation? Or is it perhaps I'm "looking for" them or being over sensative? I'm really not sure!

When I'm sitting around on my own I seem to notice them, when I'm doing something I don't seem to notice them.

Has anyone got any advice? Course I did the wrong thing and googled and ended-up with the worst possible case.

I have had several ECG's, blood tests and physicals, nothing found (from other symptoms, and these feleings have developed since). I was thinking of giving this until the end of the month, if I really feel no improvement I'll make an appointment with my GP over this. I assume they may give me a 24 monitor? But what if a palp doesn't occur in this period? I assume if the problem was serious it would happen on a daily basis and be picked-up?

It is just I have been to the docs that much I really feel a fool going back over this, something I'm not even sure is happening, I feel as though I'm becomming a hypochondriac, every pain is a serious illness etc! When will this hell end!

Sounds like palpitations and also sounds like you have been thoroughly checked out already.

As you say, I get mine when I am trying to relax - and they just stress me out again! Mine are worst at night when I get into bed, probably coz I'm so busy all day it's one of the few moments I get to think about them.

Mine doesn't necessarily feel like my heart is racing, just thumping and a general awareness that it's happening. I also get ectopics, which feel like regular beats then a huge pause, then a big thump, then back to normal. These were picked up on an ECG and I've been reassured they are nothing to worry about.

It may help to reassure you if you get it checked out, but most people on here seem to get them in one description or another so I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about.

Oh, you may also want to try cutting out stimulants like coffee and alcohol as they can be a cause (although this didn't actually help mine at all, but just a suggestion).

Caroline

Hi Russ

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Has anyone got any advice? Course I did the wrong thing and googled and ended-up with the worst possible case.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Please dont google hun, sounds like palps to me too,

Palpitations
    Palpitations
    palpatations
    Missed heartbeats!
    sorry for being silly....but....
    Palpitations? Reassurance needed and some answers!
    Missed heartbeat question again
    IS THERE ANYMORE I CAN DO????
    ectopic heart beats
    Doc made ectopic fear worse
    missed heartbeats, still worried
    Skipped Beats
    Heart reassurance
    [Link removed invalid url]

Andrea
    xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Thread Information