Thread: Cipramil drops

Cipramil drops

Hi all, I've been on Citalopram 10mg per day for over two years now. They took ages to work, and I had some side-effects, dizziness, tingling, headaches etc. These could have been from anxiety though. I took voluntary redundancy from work at the end of June, mainly because of the stress at work. Things are definitely better these days and I have a part time job, not stressful (I am 55 by the way).
    I saw my GP a few weeks ago, told him about my changes in life, and suggested I should like to come off my medication. He changed my prescription to Cipramil drops on a reducing scale for a couple of months and then stop.
    Have any of our members been on this prior to coming off? I shall go back to my GP if things don't go well.
    Look forward to hearing your comments, take care, Stefan.

HI stafen,

Ive never heard of this medication. But im not on any meds myself, thats prob why. I just replied so that you knew someone had read your post.

I hope the reduction goes well. TIP: if your worried about side effect, you'll get them! Most people dont actually get side effects and withdrawls, if they do, its only just noticable, but with anxiety folk, we tend to over exaerate things! you may be one of those ppl who never suffers side effects or withdrawls!

Becci x

Hi

I have been on cipramil for 4 years and i have never heard of the drops either but I am going to speak to my gp and ask her because at some point this year I want to reduce my dosage

Hope it goes well for you

sue

scknight

I hadn't heard of Cipramil drops either until I saw my GP. They are just Citalopram in liquid form. It means you don't have to chop up the tablets and can accurately reduce your dosage, i.e. 1 drop=2mg, 5 drops=10mg etc. Taken in a glass of water or orange juice. My GP told me to reduce the dosage very gradually, and then withdrawal side-effects would be negligible. This remains to be seen! Good luck, Stefan.

ahh!!! thats a good idea then isnt it! that way then your not messing about cutting tablets and not taking less or more than half!

just wanted to say good luck

Hay x

Thread Information