Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sinusitis

Sinusitis

I have sinusitis at the moment and I've heard that can spread to the brain and cause meningitis, how often does this happen? I'm scared to google incase I have a panic attack, my anxiety has been low for me today after days of unbearable anxiety (not health, generalised), I don't want to mess that up

Re: Sinusitis

It's probably incredibly rare, you'll be fine

I'm 44 years old and have had a lot of sinus issues and colds and what not over my lifetime. I've maybe once sought antibiotics and that was because it was such a bad one that my teeth hurt. All that to say I'm okay. I'm sure you will be too :-)

I had sinusitis recently and it didn't turn into anything worse. I'd imagine it's very rare.

I think that is so rare to almost be unbelievable. What are you doing to work on your health anxiety. It sounds like that's the most important thing.

Thanks guys I've just started CBT, I've ordered a self help book that I've been recommended and the doctor's prescribed me some medication but I'm not sure at the moment whether I want to take them.

---------- Post added at 02:03 ---------- Previous post was at 00:39 ----------

coughing up green phlegm too :( it was clear the last few days, getting scared now I don't want pneumonia

Where are you getting pneumonia from? There's nothing magical about green phlegm--it's pretty common with congestion. Some of it goes down post-nasally and you cough it up, that's all.

Don't know, just being irrational again, my friend nearly died from it when we were younger and she just thought she had a bad cough and went to school and everything, just scares me

This was my worry too. Antibiotics haven't worked and I'm on the third month of sinus eye pain and I'm still here (touch wood). Please dont Google, it will only worry you more. 3 weeks Google free and counting :-)) x

Quote Originally Posted by ballerina View Post
    Thanks guys I've just started CBT, I've ordered a self help book that I've been recommended and the doctor's prescribed me some medication but I'm not sure at the moment whether I want to take them.
    Let me be blunt and this is not just for you Ballerina, but for all here that have been prescribed medication for their anxiety. STOP BEING A WUSS AND TAKE THE PILLS! They were prescribed for a reason! You may not want to take them but if they can take even 50% of the edge off your anxiety why that hell wouldn't you take them? Isn't even 50% better worth it?

I read your (everyone's) posts and wonder why in the hell you go to the doctor in the first place if you're going to listen to them! I understand some have pill phobias but there are ways to get the meds into you. Hell, when I couldn't eat, I had my fiance crush the meds, mix them with warm water and pour them into my PEG tube.

Off my soapbox....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information