Thread: Any advice for vomiting panic attacks

Any advice for vomiting panic attacks

Hello there - I am new to this site and hope that someone might be able to help me. I have suffered from panic attacks on and off for as long as I can remember. They can just come on really quickly and I need to vomit - in the past I have embarrassed myself by vomiting in public (including on my wedding day!) but other times I have had to rush to the toilet. No one really knows that I suffer in such a way as I have been very good at hiding it or linking it to something else like an infection or period pains etc. I have just returned from a weekend away with my husband. We are very happy together and were really enjoying ourselves but after a meal out I found myself rushing to the toilet where I vomited. I managed to hide it and he doesn't know. The next day I didn't feel great but told him I was tired but I spent the whole day dreading our next meal out - while I wasn't sick then I didn't enjoy the meal as I was worried the whole time. Triggers tend to be things like - remembering the last time I was in a restaurant I was sick and then when I think about it, I develop an awful feeling of sweating and sheer terror as well as the nauseous which can't be ignored no matter how hard I try. I know I should but I don't want to go and see my doctor as I'm embarrassed etc but was wondering has anyone else experienced anything like this and does anyone have any advice. Many, many thanks

Dahlia is offline Intermediate Member

Re: Any advice for vomiting panic attacks

Hello

I get nausea when I have panic attacks, and sometimes dry heaving. Are you absolutely sure they are panic attacks? I only ask, because when I eat certain foods I get hot flushes, sweaty, feel faint and vomit/have diarrhoea. I now steer clear of these foods. My mum gets a similar thing if she eats food high in histamine.

Dahlia x

Re: Any advice for vomiting panic attacks

Firstly, you need to open up to your hubby & tell him what u r going thru. Don't cover up your anxieties, share them. I struggled with telling my fella about my anxiety and when i did he was really supportive (not straight away mind u) He married you for better or worse, in sickness and in health & he should be your best friend in the whole world. And yeah, i get terrible nausea with my anxiety to the point where i am sometimes sick. Ask your doctor for some stemetil as these stop sickness and dizziness.

Thread Information