Thread: To say Good Bye is so Hard

To say Good Bye is so Hard

Well it was so hard to think were to put this so if it’s wrong then please feel free to move.
    I have come to the conclusion over the past few days that life is way to short to waste it on any amount of anxiety.

Work has been fantastic and yesterday I was promoted to head of dentistry and to say I felt overwhelmed would be an understatement, I was just about to go for lunch with some work friends when the call came that I was dreading you see my dad has been unwell for a few months and this call was to tell me the outcome and that outcome is my dad has been given 4 months to live as he has terminal lung cancer.

After the shock and complete disbelief of it all I arranged to take a few days off to be with my mum and dad, driving home it dawned on me that for the past 10 or so years I have completely wasted my life and a huge sum of money trying to get over this anxiety. I have come a long way in the past few months like going out on my own, getting a very good job driving (the list is endless) and like a bolt from no were the anxiety came flooding back for a split moment I was engulfed in the panic then in a fit of anger I told it to F**K off.

Why does it pray on people that are weak that’s when I said out load NO MORE never again will I be a slave to this god dame game never will I fear going out, being me. So to all you wonderful people just so NO. It may seem hard that you can have your old life back but you can and will. Don’t waste your time living in a perpetual sate of anxiety. It won’t kill you or make you unwell it’s just a state of mind.

Looking at my dad last night gave me hope in an odd kind of way; he has been my rock, my friend and the best dad in the world. This will be his last spring and last summer with us and then he will be gone never to return to his family to the people that he love’s. That’s how final it is and life is way to short and precious to waste on something as trivial as anxiety. Don’t wait until something life changing happens for you to see the real picture.

So I bid you all farewell as this is me closing the chapter on my old life of anxiety and as much as I have enjoyed and needed to come hear I feel that this is the last thing that needs to go. Thank you all for your kindness over the years and for the friends that have come and gone.

May the lord light the road that lies before you all?

Sam x

Re: To say Good Bye is so Hard

Hey Sam

What an inspiring post and so true.

I'm sorry to hear about your Father, I am sure you and the rest of the family will cherish the last few months you have left with him.

You are right, life is too short for it to be taken over with anxiety and fear -everyone on here will agree with that and this is why we are here - to help each other to conquer this thing

You sound as though you have made big inroads with your recovery, great news about the promotion at work and being able to go out on your own.

I wish you the best of luck for the future hun

Jo xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Hi, i do,nt know you like others on here but i want to wish you all the luck in the world not only with your knew job but with the rest of your life, my heart goes out to you and your family hearing the news of your dad. these next few months will be hard or you all, it is,nt easy to say goodbye , cherish every single moment you have together, your post will, i,m sure make all of us on here step back and look at our own lives and for me anyway, it will make me realise what i do have and that friends and family are so important to us .Really ca,nt say anymore tears are flowing. take care and may god bless you and your family. xxx

Sorry to hear about your dad, that happened with my dad and I gave up everything to nurse him at home, the last few months were very valuable and I spent it taking him all the places he wanted to go, but Id never had time before, lookingh back i would say never found time.
    Anyway Good luck, i wish we could all do this, Bye xxx

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

so sorry to hear about your dad sam. i wish you all the best in the future. there is hope for all of us
    love debera

Best of luck for the future Sam. Good news about the promotion and really sorry to hear about your Dad. My Dad was diagnosed with 6 months 3 months ago. He is hanging in there so I know how you are feeling.

Take care.

Les xx

Hi Sam,

I am so sorry to hear the news about your Dad.I lost my own mother to cancer-she was given 6-18 months and lived for the latter.May the time you have left be precious and memorable.
    I wish you success in your career and your life.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Hello Sam what a heart tugging post Im so sorry to hear of your sad news, but happy you have decided to tell Mr Panic were to go, I wish you every good fortune with your new job, and Im thinking of your Dad, treasure every moment you can with him,

love to all

Emma xx

Sam
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Your post is inspiring and i wish you and your family many precious times in the coming months.
    Your attitude towards the anxiety is spot on and i am sure that whatever the future holds, you will stay strong.
    Take care
    Donna x

Thread Information