Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ddcoo tongue cancer update 4

Ddcoo tongue cancer update 4

Just a quick post on the last 2 days. I had the CT scan yesterday, that was very quick and easy and I will get the results of that next Thursday, it was just to make sure there is nothing wrong with my lungs.

Today was the dentist and I had a wisdom tooth and the two teeth next to it taken out. To aid healing in time for the radiotherapy the dentist has stitched each gum and now the injections have worn off it is really throbbing. I have had pain killers but they don't seem to be doing much, so I thinkI may be in for a restless night. I am having a bit of self pity really and I should think about others around the world that are really suffering and in pain.

Again I thank you all for sending me messages from my last post, I promise I read every one and draw strength from them.

I will let you know how I get on at Leeds hospital tomorrow, I hope they can make my radiology mask as my jaw is very swollen tonight and the masks have to fit perfectly throughout the treatment.

Re: Ddcoo tongue cancer update 4

I think you have a right to be feeling some self pity with all you have and are going through, bless you. Lots and lots of hugs for my lovely, brave friend

Hi Thinking of you and sending you love . You are determined and always so positive, you are entitled to a bit of self pity , it is hardly suprising under the circumstances. You are coping amazingly well!!

You don't need wisdom teeth Ddcoo, you are the sage herself

Aww hun, so sorry you're in so much discomfort and pain

You really are such a brave lady though, to think what you've already been through and what you're facing now, I think you're doing brilliantly

Hun there's nothing wrong with self pity, we all would feel exactly the same so it's perfectly normal that you're feeling like that

I hope you can get some relief from the pain, it's the pain that really drags us down

I will be thinking about you tomorrow hun

Wow, I just can't believe all these things u r having to endure... I can remember when I had my wisdom teeth out, I did swell & I recall the pain driving me up the wall so I can really understand how that must feel. I was at the dentist this afternoon for the 2nd part of a root canal filling. I reminded myself it was nothing really because compared to u I am going thro very little by comparison. At my first appt 10 days ago I said to my dentist (when he apologised for hurting me) that its really nothing & would be over soon & compared to someone I know who was having tongue cancer treatment I have absolutely nothing to complain about.all the best to you Di. Really u r an amazing person, don't forget that.

Oh what a lot you are going through! You have done so well and deserve to have a bit of feeling sorry for yourself, as Annie said. Will pray for you tomorrow and hope you manage a good sleep. X

thinking ov you xxxx

I don't think it's self pity at all to acknowledge your fears and anxieties about the treatment, I think it's normal and healthy for you to feel that way and I am sure that your strength will get you through what's ahead. I hope that you manage to get some rest tonight. Everyone here is sending you strength and healing thoughts.

It's nice you spend the time to update us all and we are all thinking of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information