Thread: Am I being silly? Stomach pain and diarrhea worries (sorry)

Am I being silly? Stomach pain and diarrhea worries (sorry)

Hi guys

I haven’t posted in a while, mainly cause I am doing CFT (Compassion Focused Therapy) and it is really helping with my health anxiety.

However, over the last few months I have been having stomach issues. Mainly cramps and bloating (typical IBS type symptoms) and my stools have become looser and I am having bouts of diarrhea with lots of gas too.It comes and goes and I also suffer with constipation on and off, although recently it tends to be more loose! (sorry for the TMI!!)

I went to a walk-in centre about a month ago and they examined my tummy and weren’t concerned. But now the old c-word fears are kicking in again and I feel overwhelmed and I need to ground myself!I have had no blood in my stool and no weight loss and I still have a healthy appetite.

I have endometriosis on my bowels as well so I guess it could be that. I am just freaking out though and I guess I am looking for reassurance.I am too scared to go to the doctor about it incase they suggest any tests.

I am being daft aren’t I? This is nothing to get worked up over is it?I just can’t shake these fears sometimes L

Re: Am I being silly? Stomach pain and diarrhea worries (sorry)

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Am I being silly? Stomach pain and diarrhea worries (sorry)

Sounds very much like IBS. I've had all the same mtself. I find once I've seen a Dr and been given reassurance that it's nothing worse my symptoms seem to vanish. For a while anyway. Until I start worrying again....
    Your fear is feeding your symptoms and in turn your symptoms feed your fear. You need to get out of the cycle.
    Most important is to address your anxieties about this issue. See a doctor for reassurance, telling how you have anxiety, and take some medication to treat your anxiety and ibs symptoms.

Thread Information