Thread: Fluttering Sensations

Fluttering Sensations

Hi all,

I have had anxiety for 3 years and I think I must have had every sensation there is throughout this time. I do feel I am understanding my anxiety a lot better these days and I dont feel anywhere near as bad as I used to.[8D]

However, I used to experience a lot of chest pain etc which i used to be frightened of. Now I dont really suffer this but what I do suffer is irregular heart beats and a fast beating heart. These symptoms always cause a fluttering sensation in my throat and chest and it scares me all the time. If I could just get over this I know I would be nearly there!

I feel so much better but yet I still seem to suffer these symptoms. Its as if my anxiety keeps throwing another symptom for me to deal with.[:0]

Does anyone experience these sensations? If so how long did they last for and did anything help them go away?

Take care

sadie

Hi Sadie

These always happen when you are anxious - they'll stop if you ignore them....

Emily

hi sadie,

yes...these are just symptoms of your anxiety...the only way to overcome them,is to accept them for what they are...you have to talk to them,let them know whos boss...just say out loud..here we go again,well you can bxgger off,cos you dont scare me anymore.

youve come such a long way,my friend..your nearly there!..but,you wont get rid off deap rooted anxiety over nite..its not easy,but you have to have back up distraction techniques ready to take your mind off little distractions,and thats all this fluttering is.

go back to basics..breathing techniques,work every time..little steps,remember? ..bryan.

Hi Sadie

I've got the same thing.
    I don't get the Chest pains very often now, but I do still get the fast thumping heartbeat.
    Anxiety likes to chuck things at you, it's what anxiety does best.

I was told the best way to beat the thumping, irregular heartbeat is to try and ignore it. Because we can feel it, we dwell on it. If we stop dwelling on it, then we stop feeling it.

The last time I suffered with these thumping heartbeats I was given propranolol, which helped. But the Doctor wouldn't prescribe them for me this time.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx

[] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

I took one of my very old cats to the vet tonight to be told he has 5 broken ribs from osteoporosis and needs urgent surgery.

It was all a bit strained as I had taken him saying I thought he had a flail chest and the very young vet said she thought he had pneumonia but I insisted on a Chest Xray and there they were - so she had to apologise which I wasn't bothered about, but then we had to decide what course of action to take. It was upsetting.

I promptly had a throat flutter which I don't think I have had for ages and possibly wouldn't even have noticed, if I hadn't have had you on my mind Sadie. It happened just after it was sinking in about the possible outcome of my descison , it happened in a flash, went and none since.

I was anxious but I am not dwelling on the flutter anymore.

The secret is definately not to worry about them, they are natural reactions to the stress we come across in our lives.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thanks you guys,

Twister- how are you? hope you are well I havent seen you posting on the forum for a while!! I take it you have suffered these symptoms then before and they have diappeared for you?

Bryan - How are you? I've not spoke to you for a while, I hope your well. Anyway, I know you are right..but its difficult to just see these horrible sensations as just little distractions and nothing more. I have been trying with my breathing as I know its not the best..but when Im at work I just get so caught up in what im doing and before I know it I feel the 'fluttering'.

I know I an impatient...hubby would agree with that! but I just wish these symptoms would just go away and give me some breathing space!! I know then I could address my anxiety a lot better and be one step further to getting over it!

Thanks anyway, for your help and support, it means a lot!

Take care

sadie

Thanks Stimpy....Its good to know I am not he only one out there suffering these symptoms!! Hope your doing ok too!

sadie

hi sadie,

walking around the streets of london..oxford street,regence street etc,a familiar site is people walking about,with a small bottle of mineral water,in there hand...i hope your doing the same...if asked why...say..you have your whisky,i have my water!

when the flutters start,take a few deep breaths..and a sip of water..even better,if you have a few drops of bach rescue,in the water....but i do know,your thought processes,are deep rooted,so we have to find a way to eliminate the negative thoughts,in exchange for the positive..which means changing the thought processes,that have been with you,for years.

meg is good at this..so,hopefully,she will contact you,and give you some of her experiences...ime having probs with msn..but will chat soon...bryan.

Thanks Bryan,

You make perfect sense...as usual!! When you getting your new PC?

sadie

hi sadie,

well,yesterday i made an offer on a small cottage in lincolnshire...all being well,i will be moving some time in march...then,i can get a new pc...YESSSS.

bryan.

Thread Information