Thread: beer and caffeine don't mix with Prozac

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs down beer and caffeine don't mix with Prozac

2nd day on prozac. i don't know about you but alcohol and prozac didn't mix well for me, but i did only have 2hrs sleep so i necked a can of redbull and over the next few hours felt worse like the worst comedown ever, it felt like i'd been awake for a month, i put up with this for 5hrs but could not take any more. so i drank a can of becks hoping it would take the edge off but ended up intensifying these feelings . at about 8pm i had to go to bed but still could not sleep so i took 40ml night nurse which done the trick, i woke up dizzy and confused which is not surprising seeing as your only meant to take 20ml.
    so the moral off the story is don't drink redbull or beer and definitely don't overdose on night nurse its not much fun at all.

Re: beer and caffeine don't mix with Prozac

If you had trouble sleeping why on earth did you drink a can of red bull??
    Red bull is very bad for your cardiac system.

Dear me, stay away from the night nurse as well....... Beer is ok I don't seem have a problem with drinking beer or wine.

Bobajob

Hey there.....prozac will take upto 4 weeks to level off in your system and start working properly....to could verywell increase your symptoms...but do not stop taking them....you GP should have only given you a months supply and requested you come back.

I personnaly found i was drinking like a fish on prosac, as it made me that bloody happy i was always going out....not good when already have a drink problem.

Anyway - did you know that Redbull is banned in France? this is because the stimulant tourrine is and illegal substance...... just a bit of random uselss information for you ;-)
    For nothing now can ever come to any good........
    Remember how we used to feel and remember for far we have come.... carry on

hello moogue

I'm on my 4th week of Prozac and am starting to fell better, well put it this way I'm not thinking about suicide so that's a start. yeah my doctor only gave me a months worth and I'm almost out.

i think the first week on Prozac is the worst what ever your doing coz like you I'm out an about more getting rat arsed and i seem to be fine know,
    i wont touch redbull or coffee, that day i wrote about put me off for life but that's not a bad thing.

whats good for hang overs, you know the really rotten ones?

when i had only been taking fluoxetine for two weeks or so i went up to my in-laws for a drink. I had two cans of lager and a bottle of alcopop. Came home, felt fine, went to bed. Woke up at three in the morning sweating and feeling very sick, i had to crawl to the toilet as i was so weak and my bloke woke up and said i was grey, my heart was beating out of my rib cage and i felt as if i was gunna pass out. My dad took me to A&E where i was put on a heart monitor and put under observation. They could not find anything wrong but suggested that it was the mix of acohol and fluoxetine combined with a panic attack (Panic attack? the worst of my life then!). I havent touched a drop of alcohol since and i do not intend to while ever i am taking meds.
    Some of my family and friends have mixed fluoxetine with drink and they have been fine but i would not risk getting myself into that state again, it is NOT worth it!
    As for red bull, i have not touched the stuff for two years since my friends brother had a small heart attack after drinking the stuff. It used to make me feel wappy the day after i had drunk it. Nah!

Quote Originally Posted by Moogue View Post

Anyway - did you know that Redbull is banned in France? this is because the stimulant tourrine is and illegal substance...... just a bit of random uselss information for you ;-)
    Taurine's not proven to be a stimulant at all, in fact I take it for anxiety, and it performs a load of really important functions in the body:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurine

never have i in my life until to day had 2 monsters, that equals 320 mg of caffeine, while on 40mg of prozac. it is like maddness in your head. jittery as all get out and get to sleep like i should have 6 hrs ago, i am really startin to get lighthed. it bad enough that is the only medicine that they can put me on, because i'm 16. i am going to remember to stay away caffeine now. do i feel like crap right now.

I know what you mean I drank a whole 2 liter of diet wild cherry pepsi and it messed with more horriblyy it triggered the worst panic attack I ever had its crazy i totally agree if your on prozac stay away from the caffeine

Hi im on prozac too been on it 3 weeks now im having good days and bad days, im so glad i read this post. i stopped drinking caffine and had a really bad head ache for the first week, i sometimes have one cup of coffee early evening but i try not to touch coffee and tea now. Has diet drinks got caffine in?.
    Ands its such good news to hear that prozac takes about 4 weeks to work, i was starting to worry. I would feel like this for ever. xx

Thread Information