Thread: Silvercloud or online CBT therapy - any success stories??

Silvercloud or online CBT therapy - any success stories??

Hi there,

I've been suffering with panic attacks, heightened anxiety and health anxiety constantly for the past two months. I was referred to the mental health team for my local borough, and they have signed me up for the online CBT service, silvercloud. It doesn't seem to be helping at all, and my health anxiety and general feeling of being unwell is only getting worse. It all seems a bit patronising, and I am unable to understand how a computer programme can help me with the physical symptoms I am having. The NHS is so under strain, particularly where I live in London, that to see a therapist face to face is near impossible. Has anyone had any success with this online service? Because right now, I feel like giving up.

Thank you!

Re: Silvercloud or online CBT therapy - any success stories??

Hi,
    this is so weird because I just logged on to post the exact same thing!
    How far in are you? I'm only 2 weeks in and they say to give it a good few weeks so don't give up. On saying that....I am feeling frustrated with it. I agree some of the modules are patronising although I do think there's some good information there I feel like I need more. I was also really frustrated by the fact that the 'supporter' is completely useless! Her messages were generic, even though I've done a lot of the activities and shared them, there were no comments on them so I feel like I might as well just read a book from the library.
    When I had the initial assessment I told them I'd had therapy before and was having a few different issues GAD, panic and OCD. But the programme is just for GAD so I feel like it's limited. I was offered three options at the assessment: a group course on how to do with anxiety which I thought would be useless because I know all the information in general terms, silvercloud or telephone sessions. Maybe after a few weeks I'll ask for telephone sessions instead if I still don't feel it's helping

I hope you find relief somehow!

Vicky

Hey Vicky, thanks for your reply. I'm the same.. just over 2 weeks in. And my 'supporter' has just gone on holiday for 2 weeks as well! His feedback was pretty generic also - didn't help me in any way. I will keep it up because I'm pretty desperate at the moment - but I certainly am skeptical. Good luck and hope you find something more useful if silver cloud doesn't turn out to be any help! x

Hi, not sure where you live but I am registered with ICope and the stress project. They offer online and face to face treatment.

I’ve had telephone cbt and it was a waste of time for me. There was nothing I didn’t know already and I found it a bit patronising.

Thread Information