Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does your IBS symptoms last.

How long does your IBS symptoms last.

I am scare because i have had issues with constipation and bad gas now for a month. Always bloating. How long can it last? Has my anxiety level real high these days. Afraid to eat. I even wake uo in middle if night with panic attack with fever and dont sleep well. Love to hear from someone. Thanks.

Re: How long does your IBS symptoms last.

If what I've got is just ibs all along

3 months so far 24/7 though it doesn't wake me or anything

Fair bit of gas, bit of trouble going to toilet usually on the constipation side of things.. And a nagging ache

Not entirely sure what I've made worse from anxiety or what

It varies. I have alternating IBS so I very rarely have any relief. If I do get a period of remission, it's usually after a few months.

IBS is one of those things where you can't really predict how long it'll last, you just have to do what you can to relieve the symptoms as best you can.

I'd also have a look at any medications you're taking as some of them can cause constipation. If you already have IBS then some medicines can make it worse for a period of time

Pregabalin 300mg

Im not on any meds. Trying natural stuff to help. Heard aloe vera is good for instestines. It supposed to be a natural antibotic. I'm trying. Like i said my anxiety not helping. Weird every year with anxiety it manifest with something else. Sorry your struggle too with. So one month not bad like you guys. Thanks.

Give probiotic drinks/yoghurts a try as well, some people respond quite well to them.

Pregabalin 300mg

I take a probotics. But i will try yogurt etc. My problem too is i dont eat and not right. When i do i get bloated too. Been so stressed at work and have a shot of alcohol when i get home so that can't be helping either. I need to calm the mind too. This is a great website. Just talking to all of you gives me hope. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:38 ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 ----------

Anom

Sounds like what I am going thru now. If i could stop dwelling maybe it wouldnt be as bad. I go bathroom everyday but it hurts and dont feel empty.

I'm sure the anxiety is making it 50x worse

I've. Got to decide if I want a colonoscopy and I can't work out what's the more terrifying outcome!

It bugs me because I've never had it like this before.

To be fair it's worth giving anything a go fybogel helps me have a bowel movement I'm also taking a stool softener. I didn't have much luck with any meds personally!

Good luck anom. Im with you. Let me know how you make out. I will try that fybogel. I need to have more fiber. Not eating right because of this. Take care.

Thanks ^

I think I'm booked in for next Tuesday, thats...well if anything the thought of it is going to clear up my constipation no worries because I'm absolutely terrified!

Fybogel is fine, you can also buy the husks in larger/cheaper bags and mix it into foods/drinks.

I barely ever had fibre till this flare up (for all I know the fibre is making things worse for me!) but I still don't know if I'm eating enough fibre...i don't exactly eat enough vegetables, but I am eating all bran flakes in the morning, then I may have some blueberries on them..a soup or something at lunch with a banana, a fybogel..maybe I'm getting 20g of fibre! combined with a stool softener it certainly helps (I have DulcoEase? which is just some doculsate sodium I believe..)

Do you find you have pain up just under you rib cage and as far down as your lower pelvis with IBS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information