Hi everyone

I'm quite a new member and really hoping that someone can offer me some words of wisdom!!!

I've recently been prescribed Mirtazapine by my GP and am really struggling with the usual side effects of drowziness.
I was at work at the start of my treatment but found it increasingly difficult to get through the days and really struggling to deal with being a "weak link" at work and how much this must be annoying my colleagues in my very small team...
I asked my GP if I could try different medication but he was reluctant to do this and said that I should try Mirtazapine for a bit longer (I was previously on citalopram which had the reverse effect - in other words I couldn't sleep at all!)..
I had an occupational health assesment on the same day prior to seeing my GP and they suggested that I would benefit from a period of time off work and I got the impression that the occ. health nurse meant a few weeks/month.
My GP offered to sign me off for 2 weeks which I willingly accepted but I am now really really anxious about what happens after the 2 weeks as I really can't see how, even if the physical side effects of my medication abate, that I will be able to get through a full day of work again!!
My job is in quite a pressurised environment and whilst work have been doing all the right things in terms of attempting to reduce my workload, I feel that unless I am bursting in to tears every few minutes, people think that I am coping...