Thread: Feeling faint

Feeling faint

Recently I've been feeling tired and like I want to be sick all the time (am off to the Dr's in 3 weeks about it, earliest appointment they had).

I've also for months now been getting only what I can describe as a weak feeling. My whole body will feel like jelly and my head will go very spaced out and I will feel really shaky (even though I don't look it). I feel like I am going to pass out any minute when I get it. I make myself eat something incase it's that (as Dr said my blood sugar was slightly low on a blood test I had last year) but I don't usually feel any better for it.

When I get the attacks I don't feel anxious, they just come on out of nowhere and I am getting them quite a few times a week now. I make sure I drink plenty (in fact I am drinking loads as so thirsty all the time lol) so know I am no dehydrated. Also changed to healthier eating recently and that hasn't made a difference. I've no idea what it is but I'm scared of going out incase the attack happens. Have a Take That concert to go to next month and will be out of the house about 10 hours so am really scared of it happening at the concert and people just think I'm an over excited fan lol

Re: Feeling faint

Ive got that at the moment, had it all day! its horrible!
    would be nice to know how you get on at doctors
    xx

Hi

Sounds like what I had today. I was working in the garden when I felt like I needed something to eat, I ate some lunch and hey presto I felt really light headed and my face felt flushed. It was frightening. I picked up a book and forced myself to read to take my mind off it. After about 40 mins it wore off and I was able to function again if not a little delicate. No idea what it was but the initial feeling was enough to trigger immediate anxiety symptoms to make whatever I was feeling 10 times worse.

The only change to what I had done is I took a Propranol 40mg late last night and this happened at lunch time.

Mee

Thanks for the replies. Will definately let you know what the Dr says. I'm expecting more blood tests etc to rule out the usual (hate needles).

hi i am new been in bed tree days with bad tum churning ,,i take tablets from doc nothing works just want to slep it away ,but still there when i wake ,,when i get up AND WALK AROUND HEAD FEELS HEAVY AND LIGHT HEADED. I BLAME A LOT ONTO MEDS ,,BUT WHEN WE ARE ANXIOUS NEED TO TAKE THEM,I THINK THIS IS LIVING HELL IT MAKES YOU FEEL ILL THANK YOU HOE FOR REPLY

gypsywomen, have you tried metoclopramide for the nausea? That's what I take and it does help for the first couple of hours of taking them. Just a pity you can only take 3 a day as I don't get enough relief from them but much better on them than off them. Been on them 2 years now

does it help diizy feeling

gypsywoman, the thing that helped my Mum with nausea and dizziness due to vertigo was Buccastem. You just let one tablet dissolve under your gum. You can buy them in Boots etc

Thread Information