Thread: cough

cough

sugar, help. normally i only feel as though im gonna cough once. but now after days of feeling run down and having throat symptoms and just generally feeling flu like now i actually have a bad cough .

the nurse says its nothing to worry about but as usual i am. the cough has been there for about three days .

it is a ticklie one that whe i breath in it tickles the back of my throat and i feel the need to cough and i have to

oh god im rambling but i just am freaked

sorry in advance for anyone reading this who has advised in the past and thinks im a hopeless case

jackie

Hi Jackie, I have had this horrible cough for months now, on and off, and when its there its realy badIts like I need to cough something up, but its a dray cough and sometimes I cough till my ribbs hurt. The Doc gave me a breathing test on a computer type machine, told me to use a peak flow meter for 4 weeks and take reading morning and night and sent me for a chest x-ray and all was clear. I am sure you can get a nervouse cough cos there is nothing els mine can be? I do smoke but the tests showed that my lungs where fine. Hope you are able to sort it out but I am sure worrying and panick dont help it. take care. Vernon

Hi Jackie,

I have had this since last year on/off. Its off atm thank god but im sure it will come back 2 weeks or next week.

Dont worry about it.

-Jono

My son has it and now me i think! think its a cold of somekind xx

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

Hi Jackie
    I had a terrible dry tickly cough for months especially at night. I thought it was an allergy, changed pillows, duvets etc but nothing worked. Anyway it turned out to be the beta blockers (propanolol) that I was taking, and I had to stop them (unfortunately) and now have an inhaler to use when the cough becomes troublesome. Sometimes dry heat from central heating can irritate your airways too so some little bowls of water around the room near radiators (or a humidifier can help).

Please dont worry I think this is quite common especially during hayfever season.

Take care

Coni X

I had a very tickly cough after a cold, thought it would never go but it did. Then it came back - every time I'd been in the garden for some time or cutting grass, a tickly cough can be hayfever related.

i really appreciate people not giving out about the amount i post about this whole clot thing, it is just that my mum suffered this last year and after that i seem to be preoccupied with it. i fear shell get another or i will follow in her footsteps

i really thank you from the bottom of my heart for answering with your experience, it has reassured me. if only it would reassure me full stop. one day i pray

jackie

Thread Information