Thread: ha over toothache

ha over toothache

omg am in pain with it , prob is i dont even have a dentist atm , ive got phobia of them but i need to go he will prob pull whole lot out how can i get over the fear of going but the pin is so bad i dont know what to do but cry

Re: ha over toothache

I too am having to go for an emergency appointment today as I have broken a tooth and it is agony! I know absolutely that it will not get any better (only more painful) if I don't go so, armed with an emergency Valium, I am off to get some relief. Hope you can get something to calm you and are able to get your toothache seen to...really, you know it will not go away by itself. There is no harm in asking your Dr for something to calm you beforehand. Good luck and I will surely need it too, lol !!!!

oh darling I feel for you I really do. I had a lot of work done on my teeth this year. I remember the agony of a tooth ache, the pain really does get so bad all you can do it put up with it.
    I used to rinse my mouth with mouthwash/whiskey to ease the pain.
    that wouldn help a little bit.
    go to your doctor! I got really strong pain killers they worked but left me pretty sleepy/sedated, but it's much better than being in pain.
    as for the dentist find a dentist and tell him/her about your fear.
    also maybe get some sedative / anti anxiety meds, take one before your dentist appointment to help calm your nerves.

Hi

If you can find a number for local NHS walk in centre they will be able to put you in touch with an NHS dentist if not they have one that works there

Ask your GP for a couple of diazipam tabs and go and have it looked at

If needed they can do the work in local treatment centre where they can give you tiazipam tabs as a sedative

I have just had 14 teeth out like this....staff were brill, dentist was lovely and I dident feel a thing!!!

In the meanwhile get some clove oil and soak a bit of cotton wool in it, put it on sore tooth and it will kill the pain

I hope you get some relief soon and PM me anytime

Luv Kaz x

ty all so much for the replies ibuprofen has helped over night,but maybe need something little stronger , sorry youve all had to suffer this aswell mishel ive been putting brandy on it to see if it works aswell, mmac hope it all went well for you yesterday let me know how you got on m kazzie ty aswell 14 teeth out thats very brave i know mine all need comming out but im such a coward would ask for 1 a week to come out for now im still trying to find a dentist thi morning as there all saying i got to pay even though im on dl and incapacity and just cant afford it thanks again all of you for putting my mind to rest
    amandaxxx

I went through the exact same thing a month ago. I broke a molar a few year ago and just left it. It is now just the outside shell of the tooth, nothing else. I started with bad toothache which got infected and spread into my jaw muscle. I had a fear of the dentist so put off going until it was unbearable. I ended up phoning nhs direct at 2am one morning it was that bad and got an emergency appointment. After antibiotics and 3 trips back they still couldnt pull it because it wouldnt numb the infection had damaged the root so im waiting for a hospital appointment to get it cut out. I know i waffled on but im just saying dont leave it like i did because the dentist wasnt as bad as i thought and was great when i told them i was anxious. Hope you get sorted x

Thread Information