View Poll Results: How many drinks (say pints of larger)

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll

10 19.61%

11 21.57%

7 13.73%

5 9.80%
  • 5+

18 35.29%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drinking alcohol while taking citalopram

Re: Drinking alcohol while taking citalopram

I have been on Cital for 4 months and had one night where I've had alcohol. I used to drink every Friday and Saturday night. The one time I drank on Cital I had three Buds - and all the next WEEK i felt worse than when I'd started Cital.

My advice is stay off the drink.

Hi i used to binge drink but not every weekend and when i went on a typical night out it would have been 5+ drinks and i would feel really bad for the next few days and my anxiety would be through the roof. I have not had a drink for 24 days as some of the alcohol threads on this site have encouraged me to cut down on drinking and I have been out twice and just stuck to soft drinks. I am hoping to get to day 36 as i am going to a christening and we are going to have a few drinks afterwards so i just hope to have about 3 drinks at the most and know now that i can do that. I am not going to be a hypocrite and say i am never drinking again but it would just be nice to cut down if i do go for a night out as i am on 20 mg citalopram and can't see me coming off citalopram for a long time.

Hi there. Im on 40mg Citalopram. Alcohol hasn't affected me yet with Citalopram, but I always feel down. does anyone notice me kind of thing

Hi there...Im sort of a newbie. Im on 40mg a day and my Dr said I needn't worry about Citlopram and alcohol.

That said, I Od'd when my medication was changed from Citalopram to Amitryptaline so be safe yeah,....

Its 5 days since I had a good drink and the anxiety is pretty bad, feel like I've gone back more than one step! I think I am going to kick alcohol into touch for a while. I had 2 months without a drink of alcohol and caffiene and I didn't feel much better for it, the anxiety did not reduce that significantly so I decided to drink on a weekend but steady.

I have flirted with the idea of drinking while on Citalopram - on one occasion I had half a glass of champagne and felt drunk (unsteady on my feet, slightly blurred vision) without the euphoria. On another occasion I had my arm twisted to have a white wine spritzer and couldn't bring myself to have more than a few sips.

I'm going to steer clear from booze for a while and see what happens a few weeks/months down the line.

My friends take citalopram and has three or four drinks when we are out having a meal. She's absolutely fine and suffers no after affects. They just seem to affect people so differently. She doesn't give it a second thought.
    Myra

So just as i thought things were getting better i had a Major incident on Friday. I went out for a celebration of my friends promotion with a few friends and as my doctor said i would be fine to drink, i had 2 small glasses of wine. i didnt feel drunk just very fuzzy and my heart was racing and i felt sick. next thing i know i have passed out in the centre and am being violently sick, i was sweating and everyone around me sounded like it was underwater. when i could focus a bit better everyone was looking at me, paramedics and police had come over and my anxiety was a million times higher than it has ever been. i ended up crying hystericelly and getting a taxi home in a right state. i didnt sleep very well at all on friday night i felt very sick and shaky adn kept crying my heart was racing i felt awful, so so low. i woke up on saturday feeling tired and still sick and with a headache that was unbearable. i couldnt get back to sleep and i felt so ill ihave never felt that bad before in my whole life i could barely drag myself to the toilet. i rang NHS direct and told them about the situation and they said this could be a reaction to citalopram (40mgs) so i said to myself right then and there that i will not let a tablet that is supposed to help me make me feel so ill and ashamed ever again. i have stopped taking them and i will never take one ever again. i now feel like i cant go in to my local town for fear of people remembering me. i have never been so ashamed low and embarassed.

i just dont no wat to do now?! any help please? xx

I didn't touch a drop for the first 14 days on 20mg ,but last week I've had a glass of red wine each evening with my dinner and really enjoyed it , can't say it's had any reaction with the cit.

I am on 20mg Citalopram and have been on it for 4 weeks now and haven't had any reaction to alcohol with it at all.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information