Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took diazepam yesterday! still feel stoned!

Took diazepam yesterday! still feel stoned!

after my first visit to the dr yesterday he gave me diazepam-great i've had it before and it helps.I took 2 x 5mg doses yesterday and still feel stoned and spaced out!

What dya think??

Wow 10mg? That seems a big dose even for people used to vallium; I seem surprised Doctor gave you 5mg tabs. No wonder you feel stoned. Most people take 2mg and if they can half of a 2mg. 10 mg seems a lot as vallium are quite addictive if you take them for a period of time. I would definatly try to take a lower dose as you can and as rare as you can. Take care. Vernon

That is a lot!

I was given 2mg tablets and used to take half. No wonder you feel spaced out if you are not used to it!

Nicola

I was given 2mg,and was told to take 1 3 times a day.Not all the same time.

Ellen XX

I also had 2mg and used to day one or two a day depending on how bad my palpitations were. Weaned myself off it 2 months ago. Feel very tired now!!

Les

NOT good tooo much i take 5mg if and when required, you need to cut back take care lorraine[:O]

2mg is enough for me just takes the edge off then after that i feel a bit dozy i dont really take them unless i really need to because im afraid of being addicted to them i have not taken one since sunday and hopefully dont plan to take any more hoping my perm med will cure me mazza

mrs m bevis

My doctor perscribed me Diazapam yesterday but i've not taken one yet. He said if i'm feeling partucularly anxious to take 2mgs but i'm worried i'll get addicted. When you take one does it feel like you've had a drink?

Hi Miss Champers I was also prescribed 2mg of diazapam for anxiety attacks. I only used to take a 1/4 of a tablet at a time though, this was enough for me to take the edge off things. I used to take mine before going to bed and found I had a good nights sleep and didn't feel too groggy the next day, although you may feel slightly spacey for the first few days but this soon wears off. I found at that low dose I could function as normal, drive, work and drink (in moderation). It is like having a couple of glasses of wine it kind of relaxes you and you tend not to think of any troublesome thoughts. If you stick to a low dose for short periods you'll be ok. Less is better in my eyes but it did help me through a rough patch and wouldn't hesitate to use it again if needed. I'm now taking S.J.W and drinking lots of green tea and that has really turned things around for me. Hope this helps. FLOYD

Hi Miss champers. i took 2mg three times a day and then twice a day for about a month. I am not addicted. I just felt very sleepy when i took it, about a couple of hours after I had it i would need a sleep. Sometimes i felt a little spaced out too.
    Try not to worry and only take it when you feel you need it

Take care
    Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information