Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trapped wind in chest

Re: Trapped wind in chest

I think anxiety greatly upsets our digestive system. It does sound like acid reflux, this is how mine started. I now take lansoprazol. I'm convinced though that it was started by stress. I also find strong mints help.
    Myra

i suffer from acid reflux but have terrible problem with trapped wind in my chest upper gut sometimes ..best thing is "rennies deflatine " or good old coca cola drink will certainly shift it ..

Sorry for the delay, but thanks to everyone for your comments, suggestions and empathy. It's reassuring to know I'm not alone!

Regards

2GT

Same here I get it really bad in my chest. It can make it feel really anxious but a couple of deflatine and some fizzy water usually does the trick.

This really does sound like the same thing ive been having ive had this prob with traped air up in my chest for meny years most mornings i wake with pains in my chest my ribs hurt on one side & sometimes i awake with jumping burning acid & burping is the only thing that seems to help i really force myself to burp by holding my stomach in & just forceing it out . doing some weight lifting helps just by moving around but this is no way to live this is not nomal.some times it seems that the traped air never moves it feel like i pull more air back in :(

Thanks all goodluck with this!!!

I get this from time to time and it can last days. The only thing that stops it is Pariet tablets from the Doctors. I had h-pylori and was treated for it a few years ago and it left me with "sensitive" digestion.
    It may be worth getting yourselves tested for this as it can lead to ulcers.
    I dont have any burning sensation, just bloating pain and burping.
    I have found that mints can make it ten times worse but the Pariet works a treat.

Edited to add - I had no idea I had h-pylori so it really is worth getting the test.

Wink Re: Trapped wind in chest

yes it is trapped wind. i get it really really bad in my back chest an belly all at the same time i am only 18 years of age and have been thro pregnancy an it feels like a contraction last an hour an half. wich is horrible coz my contractions were only lasting 2 mins every 4 mins.. an now it feels like one long one.. the pain is unbarrable an so horrific. my doctor said its a panic attack but after reading everyone comments i know what it is so thanks hope ive helped you too ..x

Unhappy Re: Trapped wind in chest

Hi There
    Just been reading about everyone's different experiences with trapped wind etc.

But I didn't find anyone saying that along with this trapped wind, they lose their breath?

My problem seems to be comin from in between the rib cage just under the chest, right deep in the solar plexus.
    EVERYTHING i eat and drink, just stops there, and the rest is history:
    Acid indigestion: Trapped Wind: Pain, and most of all, it feels like someone has hit me right in the solar plexus and winded me. It very often gets that bad, that I cannot bend, walk or stand up, for fear of passing out, because I cannot catch my breath. It is the most awful thing to have, and very scary to say the least.
    And although it feels more like food being stuck, to get that *deep stomach burp* really does take the edge off of it, and I can breathe again, if only for a while.

I have this 24/7, and it has been going on for quite a few years now.
    I have had an endoscopy, which only showed soreness of the stomach, and I was put on Omeprazole (which made me feel sick).
    I have had the Barium Meal, where they shove the gassy stuff down your throat what nearly chokes ya, and then they make you drink this nasty yoghurt looking stuff that looks like someone has been *ill* from too much food and brought it back up lol.
    Nothing showed up on that either.
    Having said that, it wasn't as bad then, as it has got now.
    Four years ago, all medicines, including antibiotics, started to give me allergic reactions, and whilst on Trimethoprim, I had anaphylaxis, and was rushed to hospital, with only minutes to get my throat opened up by pumping injections of adrenaline into me.
    THAT FOR ME, was enough. I haven't taken a single tablet, or medicine, since that day 4 years ago.
    Although come the day I get really ill, and will need to, God knows what I will do. But after suffering with Anxiety half my life, the thought of putting any medication inside me again, is beyond reasoning for me at the moment.

So ... That brings me back to this problem of ours.
    Doesn't matter what I eat or drink, it will not go away.
    I was told by an Alternative medicine doctor, off of the tv, that I had a *Hiatus Hernia*.
    I was checked for that, but they said no at the time, although my friends was missed for 10 years before they found hers, and also, all the symptoms lead to it.
    Also, gallstones, or gallbladder problems cause these symptoms too. Along with all the other things you guys have already said.

So I am at my wits end here, especially as I daren't take anything for it. I have brought the Rennie Deflatine, because it is suppose to be good for this kind of thing. BUT ... baby that i am, i daren't take it for fear of my throat closing up! Sad but true and frustrating beyond words.

I have got to the point now where I wake up in the morning, and scared to move. The nurse at the hospital said to me that because the acid is so bad in my stomach, it is coming back up through the lungs, and causing asthma symtoms, hence i keep losing my breath.
    I beg to differ .....

So it is off to the docs again, before whatever it is really does finish me off, as this breathing problem is getting worse and worse, and frightening the life out of me if i'm completely honest.

So, if any of you other guys get the same thing, OR, have a lot of cataarh coming down the back of your throat, and cloggin up your chest, do let me know, as that is another thing that causes so much wind in the chest and stomach, and bad breath, it isn't true! And apparently, they don't *really* know what causes it for sure, or how to cure it!

I give up!!! Someone help PLEASE ..... X

I'm sooo relieved that when I typed "trapped gas chest" into Google - that I saw good old "No More Panic" come up...

This is a new symptom for me, and I've had huge variety of symptoms over the years. I've been suffering from anxiety my whole life, I even had anxiety attacks as a small child... actually - has anyone else had anxiety since childhood?

Anyway, yes, this new thing is horrible. After I've eaten I feel like I need to burp but can't and it can get so bad that I could barely breathe.

But I'm so relieved to find it here on the anxiety site. Because it means that actually the root cause of it is the anxiety (and not the myriad other awful things my tortured mind conjures up), and that is the thing we all need to fix.

Forget the treatment of symptoms. The best thing we can do for ourselves is find a way to do this mythical pastime called "relaxing" and we should find that our symptoms subside.

I have found reading about meditation to be very helpful. I tried meditating but sometimes it makes me anxious!! But reading _about_ it seems to be soothing... Definitely a thinker and not a doer... maybe that's why I'm in this mess in the first place...

Anyone else got any good relaxation tips?

Smile Re: Trapped wind in chest

Had trapped wind in the chest tried Zoton Windezze and many other remedies Nothing worked until igot Charcole capules from B.H.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information