Thread: Wheezy chest... coughing. breathing fast

Wheezy chest... coughing. breathing fast

Hi
    I am just wondering for my own reassurance if anyone else experiences like a wheezing chest sensation which makes them cough alot.

I experience this often and i always find myself coughing but cant seem to clear anything and it makes me feel like im struggling to breathe. I hate the sound of it and i hate having to cough.

I have never smoked,(or been bought up in a smokey environment) i have never took drugs. i dont drink but have done odd times in the past before i had kids.

I automaticly think to myself that i have Asthma because thats what i feel in my mind that Asthma sufferers experience, and i know im wrong for doing this because i should know by now that it doesnt help matters but i researched my symptoms and it came up with Asthma.

I have been to the doctors in the past about it and i had a spirometry test and it came back that i had a lung age of a 172 but the doctor laughed it off and said its obviously not right and did a peak flow test and it was fine she said.

She looked at how i suffer from anxiety etc and she puts it down to that, but i dont feel reassurred and things can changed over the years so maybe it was a start of me developing Asthma and now i have it?

Im always feeling like i cant breathe, im breatheless dead easy and i always feel like im suffocating. I have 3 kids and its ruining my life.

Sorry for it been so long.

Re: Wheezy chest... coughing. breathing fast

My chest goes really tight and I cough when I'm anxious and panicky. I find it really hard to control as I can't do my breathing when it happens. Last time I went on a bus I coughed the whole way home. I thought I would have to get off early as I felt I couldn't breath. I haven't been on a bus since. When my manager at work was bullying me I would start coughing if I saw him or even if I heard his voice.

Re: Wheezy chest... coughing. breathing fast

Hi

I suffer with GERD and this can cause a persistant cough; I take omeprazol which controls it to a certain extent, but when my anxiety is high - I cough more. I found this on the net and there is a lot more if you type in GERD and cough. I used to worry all the time about the cough, but I've had chest xrays etc and all clear.

Many people may not realize that symptoms such as chronic cough or chest pain can be caused by acid reflux into the esophagus, because they do not experience classic heartburn symptoms or acid regurgitation.

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! (peanuts)

Thread Information