Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home alone

Home alone

Hi all

New member so please be gentle!

I suffer with panic disorder and although of late i seem to have it the most under control i am now worried cos i still live at home with the folks and they are going away on holiday for a week leaving me home alone. It may not seem a long time but as I don't have any friends cos I pushed them all away and the rest of my family are busy with their own lives I'm starting to get nervous at the thought of being alone for 7 days. Can anyone give me any coping strategies or ideas of things to do to keep my mind occupied?

I've already got a few DVDs to watch and am borrowing the dog from my sister to take for walks but still does not seem enough-I also can't work cos of the panic(trying to resolve this issue)

Thanks

Nicola

Hi Nicola, how lovely to meet you. You sound as if you have done really well so far coping with panic disorder and it will only improve!! As for being home alone, what an excellent idea with the dog, pets make great company and need lots of cuddles and attention. Also it means you will be out and about walking the dog, so many people make new friends that way, spoil yourself with nice meals, sit in the garden or on balcony if nice enough weather, in the evenings, get as cosy as you can, lock the doors and get lots of munchies watch dvd's, listen to music, nice long soaks in the bath, make it a little holiday for yourself. When i didn't like being alone i used to come on this site and read all information (sometimes printing it so i could read it later for re-assurance) 7 days will soon pass, you will be fine. take care and keep in touch xx

Being alone is my worst fear so I can definitely relate. Are there any projects around the house you could involve yourself in while your parents are away? Like painting a room a new color? If not are there any hobbies you've thought about taking up? Like gourmet cooking or painting?

Hi.

Well one thing you could do is come on the forum, we'll all keep you company! DVD's is a good idea that will keep you occupied, do you have any hobbies? E.g. Sewing? Because you could do some sewing or cross stitch or something. Hope this helps and try not to worry too much, a week will go by quickly and they'll be home before you know it.

Scooby2005
    x x

Hia Nicola
    I know a lot of people find this hard to be alone,try and use it as you time.Treat and pamper yourself and the borrowed dog ...lol.Have long walks with the dog you can take mine aswell if you really want to .
    Try and split the day up a bit and try to fill it as much as possible,reading,watching tv,housework :( yeah i know but it has to be done.Then in the evening relax and chill with the dvds and the dog at your side sharing your munchies and treats .
    Try and stay positive aswell i know its hard but consider it you time for lots of treats and pampering
    take care cheryl xx

Hi everyone

Well today is my first day home alone well not quite got the dog passed out on the floor behind me as i write this! Been keeping busy so not feeling too lonely yet been out with the dog, exchanged pleasantries with a few passer bys, sat now reading the forum looking for places to put my thoughts. Its not too bad in the summer when its nice outside and it stays light for longer-it keeps my spirits up. Its a bit sad when i've got to borrow a dog to keep me company its a good job i adore my little Alfie-his presence alone brings me joy!!

Going to stop writing now before you think i'm some saddo with an unhealthy interest in dogs(seriously i'm not!).

Nicola
    [)]

Hi Nicola, am so happy you seem so positive today, and the rest of the week will be the same. Of course we don't think you are a saddo borrowing people's dogs!!!!!(although, that did make me smile - sorry) As you say, keep yourself as occupied as you are able to. the good weather helps especially when walking the dog. sounds as if you have exhausted the poor thing already, he will be glad to get home by the end of the week to have a nice relax! Make use of this site to look at everything available, it has helped so many of us, and please keep in touch enjoy the rest of today and will speak tomorrow. xxx

Pets are wonderful companions in times of stress. And other times too come to think of it. Just keep doing what you're doing and enjoy this time with your doggy!

Okay so now 3 days into my home alone situation and i feel terrible!! Got constant tension headache, feel shattered cos couldn't sleep last night plus got to do all the chores in the house so feel a bit down today!:( Dog visiting again today but he wants to play all the time and all i want to do is lie down!! But u can't tell a dog that unless u r Doctor Doolittle! So just having little rest while typing into the forum but will have to go back out and play in a moment-no rest for the weary!

Hope my headache goes and i start to feel better quickly cos i was doing so well up until then.

Nicola

NICOLA YOU DONT HAVE TO BE DR DOOLITTLE TO TALK TO DOGS!!! IVE GOT 3 DOGS AND I TALK TO THEM ALL THE TIME WHEN IM HOME ALONE!!! TRY GIVING YOUR DOG LOTS OF STROKES IT REALLY DOES RELEIVE THE STRESS A BIT!!!(NOW I SOUND LIKE A DOG LOONEY TOO!!!) HOPE YOU SOON FEEL BETTER BEST WISHES TO YOU AND THE POOCH! KAZ X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information