Thread: Easily gag ?

Easily gag ?

Anyone panics and start to feel like you are going to vomit? You gag few times and nothing comes out? Ugh, I hate that feeling. That is the physical symptom I get when I'm extremely nervous/panic. Looks even worse in public. Afterwards, I just continue feeling nauseous for a good while.

Anyone have same/similar experience? Any suggestions? Tips? I hear peppermint helps.

Re: Easily gag ?

I went through a phase of having this awful gagging. I just used to suck boiled sweets all the time. Somehow it would stop the feeling

I used to eat some kind of minty candy to help. It's helpful but doesn't always work for me to stop it.

I know this feeling well :( I suffer from emetophobia, I panic and one of the symptoms is that I gag, which makes me panic that I'm going to vomit and the panic makes me gag even more, it's a terrible vicious circle.

Some tips that help me are...
    Breathe through your nose.
    Try closing your left thumb in your left hand, make a fist and squeeze as hard as you can.
    Try humming it's almost impossible to gag and hum at the same time.

HTH x

Hi,
    Im a fellow sufferer of this bizarre symptom and have had it for ages and have tried just about everything! i even began to think that it was an allergy or reflux or something, but it is always anxiety related. it is now beginning to interfere with my everyday life and i have stopped doing so many things cos of it. It really is horrid eh, just gagging or wanting to gag all the time..embarrassing too...the only thing that helps is a tic tac ot small sweet or mint kept in the mouth..it distracts the throat..but other than that, try bachs rescue remedy drops and deep breathing. mine occurs at times i feel out of my comfort zone like meeting up with friends and eating out is a big no no as i feel it coming and i cant eat.
    i soemtimes just want to cry or cut my head off to get rid if it!
    i sympathise!!
    sarah

I gag and retch most mornings, its horrible xx

Hey all, just wanted to check in with my fellow gaggers! swap tips and adviceand symptoms...i think its such a strange symptom and not very common and i sometimes feel like i am the only person with it, and i would like to stay in touch with others that have it. Mine can sometimes stay away for a couple days, but when i have do something or go somewhere...itcomes back!
    any tips????!!!

This is one of the things that happens to me. I get a cough that makes me gag. I also get it when I eat out which makes eating almost impossible because I think im going to be sick.

Thread Information