Thread: angina anyone?

angina anyone?

I should start out by stating that I think I have some health anxiey issues.....anyway...

I'm almost 60 and had a rather complete set of heart tests 2 years ago, all fine, thank God

very infrequently when I out walking,including steep hills, I get some ache in my shoulder, left hand side only ( trapezius ridge muscle) no pain anywhere else,it's a pain like I have been carrying a heavy shopping bag too long. sometimes it comes on AFTER the exertion in the cooling down period, sometimes when I am strolling

I do a lot of weight training at home and often stress these particular muscles....I never have the pain when weightlifting or doing squats.

it may only happen 3 or four times a year and I walk for a hour and a half a day up to six times a week

I was concerned and was reading about angina, and one site in particular stated that angina can come and go and then disappear for months even years at a time, the site stated that it does not follow that the same exertion and exercise will always bring on an attack and that it can be a rare occurrence for some

I have researched the trapezius muscles and they are responsible for powering the rib cage when one is breathing hard.....I also suppose that all that heavy duty arm swinging could bring about soreness in this shoulder area.....the shoulder muscles are not sore on their own whilst idle, but stretching them can bring about a similar pain

am I way off the mark you think with my angina fear or does this make any sense to you?

I tried today with a hour long speedwalk to bring on the pain but did not succeed in doing so

anyone with angina care to say a word?

thanks folks
    Last edited by doctorjohn; 20-11-14 at 18:51.

Re: angina anyone?

I don't have angina but I have to say, it is curious. Have you tried searching for angina and that specific muscle group, to see if anyone diagnosed with angina ever gets it there?

Edit: Some good news is that a quick Googling of "trapezius ridge + angina" brings up some results for helping doctors with diagnosing, and they're saying it's a sign it's not angina. The book that's the fourth result of the search says it's a very strong sign against whatever the patient has being a heart issue to do with blood flow since it causing pain there is virtually unknown.
    Last edited by Aaahhfreakout; 23-11-14 at 00:22.

Ta Freakoot

No problem. That the #2 result on Google is now this thread I guess is a good sign that the symptom and condition aren't commonly mentioned with each other.

^ exactly

Thread Information