Thread: recovering from anxiety

recovering from anxiety

Hello everyone,

You may remember me as being the girl that posted on this forum 1000x a day. It's now a few times a year. I'd like to let you all know that I didn't drop out of uni, I'm currently working towards a 2.1 in my third year and aim to go on to teaching in September. This could either be in Thailand or China, and my only anxieties are that of your average non-anxious person

Basically, it appears I had a nervous breakdown at 19. My therapist said he had literally never treated such bad anxiety. I would say I'm good the majority of the time. It's only problematic when it comes to Uni because it tends to bring up old feelings, panic attacks and the cycle repeats, but this is mostly during looming deadlines and exams, which I am always on top of now.

My stomach churns when I read your posts because I know the exact feelings you're having. In full-swing, anxiety and depression are fully-encompassing.
    I suffer from depression at the moment, but it is largely manageable. ( Just read through my threads...)

What helped me most was breaking out of my routine and creating structure. Citalopram and CBT. I was literally convinced that nothing would ever get better. This time two years ago, I was on the phone to my therapist telling him I didn't want to be here. Now the future looks bright

Any questions, or any help. I'm happy to share. I was very open about my whole entire situation on social media, and have helped around 8 people I know get support and the help they've needed with their mental health. I'd love to help you, as a real non-medical person who completely gets everything you're going through
    x

Re: recovering from anxiety

So fantastic to hear that you stuck with uni and that you are feeling happy and healthy It's always lovely to see someone come back with a positive recovery story. Thank you so much for sharing, I love to hear happy updates!

That's nice to read. I'm going through a really rough patch at the moment and it's good to hear of someone who has come out the other end.

well done remember your recovery is mainly down to your hard work,thanks for sharing your story

It's great to hear of people getting better and really valuable to hear how.

Teaching in Thailand or China sounds like an amazing future. I would LOVE to live in those places for a while, how exciting.

Well done good to hear you are helping others,I do hope you get to go to China or Thailand both are amazing countries
    Petra x

Thread Information