Thread: Vomiting with anxiety?

Unhappy Vomiting with anxiety?

Hi

I have been receiving treatment for depression and anxiety for six months althoughI have had treatment for it before and feel it is something that re-occus often.

In the last month or so I have had what I thought were stomach 'bugs'. They last from a couple of hours- upto 12.

Symptoms are; sweating, palpitations, hot and cold flushes, chest pain, sever stomach cramps, cramp in lower back, dizziness, fear, feeling gassy and vomiting.

It's only todaythat I have linked it with anxiety as I began feeling nervous and then other symptoms followed. It can come and go so quickly. Does anyone elso get this? I've never heard of anyone physically vomiting before?

x

Re: Vomiting with anxiety?

Oh yes hun I get all those my gp says its anxiety it can cause so many physical symptoms I still struggle to believe it but my gp says its anxiety x

Hi love, I vomit every time I get a nasty panic attack, not many do, but nausea is common. I know its just the body getting rid of the unecessary stuff due to fight or flight....some get diaorrheoa. Ive asked the same question here before as I was worried that nobody else vomited...some do. Type in "vomiting and panic attacks", or something similar, to the search facility and see what comes up. xxx

Thank you for your reply. Puts my mind at rest just knowing Im not the only one!

I've just joined here and, wow, I feel like it has saved my life already. I had no idea so many people suffer the same as I do. I don't need to feel embarrassed and I'm not going mad! Woohoo!

If you don't mind me asking sammi, do you work? I have had to go home sick several times and they are not very sympathetic. Any advice?! x

Thank you Paula. I also have had diaorrhea. I just never linked it to the depression, I assumed I just kept getting tummy bugs. It's really affecting mylife because of how long it goes on for. I'm going to re-visit my GP and write down symptoms cos I always forget what to say.

I love your profile photo. I chose almost exact same one but butterfly was on a sunflower but it wouldn't let me upload it! x

Hi hun I don't work I'm a full time mum. At the end of the day if your unwell you should be able to go home. Bosses aren't usually sympathetic when I worked my nan died and my boss didn't want me to have time off for the funeral, well you can imagine my reply to that.

Hi Kerrii,
    to NMP!
    It’s too late for me to say that a lot of people experience the very same thing because it seems like you’ve already discovered that yourself

“I love your profile photo. I chose almost exact same one but butterfly was on a sunflower but it wouldn't let me upload it!”

Do you mean the avatar – that little image that appears next to the username? When people were allowed to upload there own, there were a few that were, well... not suitable for viewing before 9pm
    Also some highly animated ones that some people found rather distracting.

It’s no problem to add one for you though. Simply reply with a link to the end of this thread.

Take care
    Nigel

I haven't been on this website for ages as I have had a shift about with furniture so had to put PC away for a while. I'm so glad to be back!

Wish I could say I felt better...

Thanks to all who have replied to my post. Thanks for welcoming me nigel.

11 years ago (when I had a few challenges in my life) I had extreme anxiety and used to vomit as soon as I saw the building I worked in. Its amazing the affect it can have on you physically.

Im a therapist now so Im pretty good at dealing with anxiety and I don't get any of the physical symptoms that I used to

I used to vomit when I got anxious and depressed. The worst ones was in 1997 when I was being bullied at college really badly by so called friends of mine and I made myself sick. If I saw my so called friends, I would panic and vomit. Mum didn't understand why I was like this and kept asking me questions which made it worse!!! I was sick on Christmas Day too, and that was awful. Then later in 2002, it returned again this time with health anxiety... and become depressed. I didn't realise what was wrong with me until I met a friend of mine, who described having panic attacks and I realised that was what wrong with me. Then I got better and now when I get panic attacks, and I know it's just panic attacks, nothing serious. I know when I get them and I don't get sick. I just try to get on with life now.

Starry xx

Thread Information