Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lump on inside cheek with red/black spot. (pic includ)

Re: Lump on inside cheek with red/black spot. (pic includ)

I thought I would post this for future health anxiety sufferers. I had something very similar, if it is in line with your teeth i.e biting then it is almost certain to be a traumatic ulcer, expecially if you grind your teeth at night and or have lesions inside of cheek due to chewing your cheeks. Mine went down on its own but my dentist said they can stay there for ever or even increase in size if they keep getting knocked around.

Dan.
    Those are veins in the inside of your mouth, there is one on each side, the little lump is on both sides also, I have the same.

You can bite it accidently when you're eating but it will go down.

x

Question Re: Lump on inside cheek with red/black spot. (pic includ)

Quote Originally Posted by honeybee3939 View Post
    Hi Dan

I agree with Lisa, they do look like small ulcers, a couple of month ago i had a bacterial infection in my mouth, i visited the out of hours doctor who told me to use Corsodyl mouth wash which you can get from the chemist or good supermarket it was brilliant infection went in a couple of days.

Hope that helps

Love

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Dear Honey Bee,
    I see same case of dlou84, but in my mouth i see Lump on inside (left & right both side) cheek. I am worried about it. What is this? How can I releave from this? Please reply me..........

Thank You
    sdctg

Email: suman.ctgbd@yahoo.com

Hi Guys,

I googled because I have a very similar issue, flap of skin, same location, similar problems,

I did some research and came across this site: http://www.doctorspiller.com/sores_lumps_bumps.htm

about 2/3 of the way down they get into this exact problem, it is an inflammation of the "stensons gland" which is a type of salivary gland, everyone has 2, on either side of the mouth, lining up with the top set of molars, if you feel around on the other side of your mouth, you can feel the other one, much much smaller since it's not inflamed,

treatment is a very mild antibiotic, I am going to use colloidal silver because it works wonders on this type of thing,

hope this helps!

hi looks like a mouth ulcer my son gets loads of them they are mainly caused by eating spicy food or stress the best thing to get is a tube of bonjela it is very good for infections to hope this work for you as it worked for my son just give it a few days to work though and it works for the pain to as it numbs it hope this will help julie

Hi DLou84

Did you ever find out what this was? I have the same thing even looks like your pic. Mine is like a bump which feels a lot bigger on the tongue than it looks, rests higher than I can bite and has a red dot in the centre. It is like a flap at the same time as a bump. It is not black underneath though mine is just normal mouth colour. All the people saying this is an ulcer are wrong it feels and looks quite different to these...

I'm 23 too, non-smoker. Hope you are well now.

Leah

Hi Dan,
    I would have said you have bitten a piece of the cheek tissue and what you see is the last bit as it heals. I have had this loads of times. You may, through being anxious, be biting your cheek and be unaware of it. Its only sensible to get it checked by the experts. By the way, what a fantastic thing to do the pictures and very brave of you. Great stuff. Next week you will be posting your good news! All th best. X

Blood blister!! Had two last week after my daughter jumped on me. I didn't feel it happen but within 10 mins I could feel the lumps! Had loads from playing rugby from bashing my face in the scrum.

Charles

Dan, did you ever get resolution of the the lump? I have the exact same thing going on right now. Looks identical to your pics. I have seen booth my GP and dentist and neither were concerned and both perscribed antibiotics. My dentist said it was probably Viral though and could take weeks to resolve.

This is the first time I have used this forum so Ihope I am doing it write!

Not totally sure but think that the lump and the dot sounds like the salivary ducts from the salivary glands in your mouths. Especially if they are both near the upper second last molar tooth in your mouth. Only know this because i am very concerned with my salivary glands and found out that the ducts were there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information