For about a month I have been hearing a high pitched hiss in my left ear in time with my pulse - if I move my head or jaw to the right the noise gets louder but move to the left and it gets much quieter. I have damage to my neck and also tmj problem. I wasn't too freaked at first as I have had all sorts of weird ear noises over the years because of the above two problems and am sure that I have had this one before and its gone away but suddenly remembered reading about a man who said he could hear his pulse loudly in one ear and he had a brain haemorrage a week later So once I had remembered this I started panicking.
I went to see my Dr today and explained all this and she does accept my anxiety . She looked in my ear and listened to the arteries in my neck on both sides - I had to turn my head an hold my breath and she said all was normal. She said its a type of tinnitus and is 99.9% certain its related to my neck problem causing nuscle tension that is altering the inside of my ear making a blood vessel audible. she said she sees lots of people with it and its just harmless tinnitus but very unpleasant. so felt better until she took my blood pressure- the cuff did seem very tight but normally my bp is 135/78 .
today it was 160/90 She wasn't at all bothered just said its a bit high but nothing to concern her - I did want a wee at the time as I had waited an hour to see her and I know that can put your bp up. She said to have it taken again in a month.

So you can imagine - I am convinced the high blood pressure is going to burst the swollen blood vessel in my brain that is the reason I can hear my heart beat in one ear

Can anyone talk some sense into me!