Thread: Tooth abscess and PVCs - scared!!

Tooth abscess and PVCs - scared!!

Ok, so I've been suffering with horrendous toothache for 3 days now, started on Friday night so I've had to wait until Monday to get into the dentist. I had my appt this morning and the dentist says that I have an abscess. It's not swollen but just very painful. It's one upper back tooth that has mostly broken off, but it's been like that for AGES and I kept meaning to get it sorted out. The dentist has prescribed me some antibiotics to clear up the infection, and I have also been taking paracetamol (no longer working) so now moved on to cocodamol.

Anyway, I didn't sleep last night because of the pain, and I started getting LOADS of pvcs. I'm used to getting a lot, but they generally come in the evening and in the morning. They lasted ALL night, sometimes as much as 10 or 20 in a minute, and they are still going on now at 11.30am. This is totally unusual for me, they normally just happen when I first get up in the morning.

I have heard before that infections can spread to the heart and damage valves etc., and now I've got myself worried that this infection has spread to my heart and these PVCs are a sign that something sinister is going to happen. I don't want to go to the docs unnecessarily as I've already been so many times about these funny beats, and I have been referred to a cardiologist for an echo in about 3 or 4 weeks. I guess I'm just hoping that someone can reassure me that I don't need to worry about this sudden increase in PVCs. Could it be down to all the painkillers I have been taking (within the allowed dose) or the infection? I'm a bit scared

Re: Tooth abscess and PVCs - scared!!

Hi Ann I am also on antibiotics for pain after root canel getting loads of palps but i think its anxiety and tabs, can only take paracetamol as am on steriods try not to worry, when the antibiotics kick in the pain will stop take care

Thread Information