Thread: Side Effects?

Question Side Effects?

I'm on day 24 of taking this. When I first started taking them I had a few days of trembling which then went away, the jaw clenching came and is still there a lot, I did do it before the pills but now it's much worst that my jaws actually ache but I can put up with that. I had a few days where my temples felt like they have a lot of pressure on them which is still there a bit, but other than that I didn't really notice anything more.

For the past week I've felt nauseous everyday. Now I have health anxiety too and before I took the tablets I had some spotting between periods (sorry for TMI) Now in the past week I've had a lot of left hip and thigh pain daily down my leg, and I've had a slightly sore red throat since Christmas and the spotting has been slightly more this month and for more days, that plus the sickness I keep thinking it's something really bad as I feel sick everyday I woke up this morning and felt it right away, it usually lasts all day in varying degrees, if it was just the side effects of the pills I wouldn't be too bothered too much as I know you can feel like that at the start and it's not unbearable.

My doctor does know about the spotting didn't seem worried and I know it can happen because of hormones etc, do these tablets mess with those? Is the sickness feeling likely to be from the tablets?

I think the pills must be working a bit as if the sickness and more spotting had have happened before taking it I wouldn't have been able to do anything else but worry and when I went out today it was a tad easier just a bit but I haven't been taking them for that long yet.
    Last edited by Shelly06; 12-03-14 at 15:02.

Re: Side Effects?

I feel nauseous from the tablets, I think a lot of people do. Did you ever get spotting before the meds? I get it and have for a long time..they put it down to me having the implant in my arm. I suffer bad jaw clentching too it gives me headaches and really sensitive teeth.
    I'm around the same time on them as you. My mood is better some days at home and I can get out with my partner but have panic attacks if I go to certain places on my own.
    People say its baby steps and its still early days for us...hopefully we will just keep making improvements but it will take time. I don't think im going to improve in time to finish my college course. I'm going to attemp it one last time this afternoon..but if I start to have a panic attack im going to have to quit as they will take away my childcare funding!
    Priority has to be getting well for now though! X

Hi Shelly, hi Gem.

Nausea was my worst SE by far and I still get it from time to time. I try to take tab at bedtime or before a meal and that really helps.

I have been on 10mg, 20mg and now 40mg. I didn't really notice SEs too much until I went to 40mg and I guess this is because of the size of the dose. Nausea was easily the worst SE (and irregular sleep) but I also suffered with pins and needles in my very fuzzy and achy head. That was worrying and if you have HA then that would probably be enough to put you off taking Cit. However, I perceviered and apart from a touch of nausea I generally feel much, much better.

However, I have had a couple of quite anxious days (today and yesterday) but no panic attacks like I used to get. So, I'm not totally out of the woods yet but I really do have to say that my life is better for taking Cit - no more constant worrying and no more over analysing. I am generally a lot more chilled

What I would also say is that I have done quite a bit of reading on CBT and this has helped the way that I think about things generally and it has REALLY helped me get my head around some of my issues. Drugs can't do that for you, so I really recommend some reading on this subject.

All the best

Life is a roller coaster...you just gotta ride it a day at a time
    (Cit 40mg)

CBT is something im going to ask my doctor about next week. I definitely feel I need some tools to help myself for the future. I didn't make it to college. I've emailed to say I need to quit for now. I actually feel relieved..I can get better at my own pace now.
    I'm sorry you are having a rough couple of days Marty. Hopefully it will pass quickly for you. X

Thanks Gem, I have a bit of man flu and I don't think that is helping!

All part of the roller coaster ride

Life is a roller coaster...you just gotta ride it a day at a time
    (Cit 40mg)

Thread Information