Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Protein trace in urine?

Re: Protein trace in urine?

I had a visit to my GP yesterday to get my blood form for my yearly cardiac screen as I have raised cholesterol and lipids - and am on medication.
    I mentioned I had symptoms of getting up in the night the last couple of weeks to pass urine, and then when getting back to bed having to go back to go the toilet as I felt my bladder was not empty. I was then able to pass urine. I also told him I had some difficulty in starting and felt irritation as well.
    He decided to check my PSA for my prostate and also to have a MSU sent to the laboratory as well. I did my MSU and took this with me to the medical centre this morning. I saw the nurse who took my blood and before she bagged my MSU she dip sticked it and told me I had a trace of protein in my urine. Having had health anxiety for many years my mind went into overdrive and I started to panic thinking I must have kidney damage, diabetes, infection or hypertension. I do not go back to see the doctor for the results until next Tuesday and as it is only Wednesday now I am already a nervous wreck with worry. Being a now retired State Registered Nurse makes things much worse for me. As I don't have to search the internet for possible causes. I really am not sure how I am going to get through the rest of the week and weekend its going to be very stressful for me indeed!
    Last edited by Malton; 04-06-14 at 14:03.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information