Thread: Never Give Up Doing The Things You Love!

Never Give Up Doing The Things You Love!

This isn't so much a success story. Something I did that i've never done before and want to do again!

I have social anxiety and have for 11 years. I have a great love for music and guitars and my favorite band has been U2 for 11 years. Never seen them in concert until...

One of my friends bought me a ticket to go see them at Wembley on 15th August this year. I was estatic but then came the sickness and nervousness, thinking about getting there by train (When I was 8 I went to scotland by train from south england and was caught up in a bomb scare).

Saturday came and I find out we're getting there by car, finally I could relax and enjoy the day ahead. We got to Wembley and it seemed like a dream, there were thousands of people waiting outside and it didn't worry me the slightest. As soon as we got inside and saw the stage and crowd it gave me a feeling I never had before. I couldn't wait to get out onto the pitch....just before U2 came on I sat on a friends shoulders and I was the only one doing it and couldn't believe I was dancing on someones shoulders infront of 90,000 people (something like that). My anxiety just went away and I felt normal.

Keep doing the things you love because it helps alot! Take that one step further each time. Even if it may not cure it, it's great to not be in that anxious state of mind for that period of time.

Re: Never Give Up Doing The Things You Love!

Well done Dani - you must feel so good. It is a great achievement....Keep on keepin on......

So pleased for you

Chantelle

Re: Never Give Up Doing The Things You Love!

Well done! Glad you had a good time at the concert x

Thread Information