Thread: Pulmonary embolism question

Pulmonary embolism question

So for the past two days I have had this on again and off again pain in my back. It is between my c7 vertebrae and the shoulder area on my right side. The pain is identical to a 'back freeze' or if you get air stuck in your chest and goes into your back. It makes me want to burp. It goes away completely when lying down...flares up in car rides..or when sitting in general..and off and on happens when walking. The pain is not terrible, but it scares me. I thought of a muscle ache but muscle issues don't come and go like that. So i thought, pulmonary embolism..? I know you are thinking "....seriously? Of all things?". I am considering a doctor if it persists, but that doesnt stop me from wondering if the PE seems unlikely or likely. I don't have breathing issues or pain while breathing, I am 30, female, and didn't have a leg issue recently. I am asking kindly that, if you have a reason you think it likely is or isn't a PE, to let me know? I am not sure if my thought is outlandish or realistic until I go to a doctor...and until then I just wonder. Thanks

Re: Pulmonary embolism question

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahnadine View Post
    I am asking kindly that, if you have a reason you think it likely is or isn't a PE, to let me know? I am not sure if my thought is outlandish or realistic until I go to a doctor...and until then I just wonder. Thanks
    Because it's the most outlandish and unrealistic reason for the pain perhaps? I'll have the "Told ya so gang" on standby

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information