Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Right side pain - unexplained so far :/

Re: Right side pain.

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    I had similar pain a while back, at the height of my HA. Of course I Googled and then I decided I had liver disease (I am an above average drinker). I was sure I had it. I ended up getting blood tests and a CT and everything was fine.

Later on, I discovered I only noticed the pain when sitting around, probably swelling on it. When I was up and active, it wasn't there. Sometimes pains just happen, particularly in those of us with anxiety when you consider muscle tension, bowel effects, etc. If the tests say things are good, you have to believe them. And of course, don't google!
    Ironically, i am one more with this same problem. While i had an abdominal UT recently which diagnosed a mild fatty liver, the pain didnt start until weeks after that. A more recent CBC and CMP blood test looked fine, so I am not too worried (well, i am thanks to my HA, but working on getting that handled).

I also notice it tends to come up while sitting, and i can feel it when i stretch to my right and move around. It comes and goes, so i try to not worry it is something more serious. If i really poke, i can feel a bit of tenderness with my muscles, so....

Right side pain - unexplained so far :/

I’m just curious if anyone has any thoughts about my issue. I of course have HA and GEneralized anxiety - so this is really beginning to upset me more and more. The pain in hard to describe. It’s in the lower right quadrant of my abdomen and can come up to the rib and across to the navel. Almost in a triangular area. It almost feels like it’s more in the skin or muscles there because when I push around there is no defined tenderness or pain. It just aches when I’m sitting, driving or just at rest. I initially thought it was my gallbladder or appendix so in late January (after two weeks of the pain) I decided to make a trip to the ER. They did an ultrasound of the gallbladder and a CT scan of my abdominal region. They said nothing was found and that my blood work was good. (Who knows what that even really means). They didn’t give me any ‘next step’ if it continues type of thing. It felt rushed and I have a hard time believing they didn’t miss anything.

Sometimes I think it’s a muscle that I may have injured (oblique muscle pain seems to occur in a similar area) or a hernia possibly after having two babies in the last few years. But the more sinister thoughts of course are that it’s appendix C and they over looked it, or that it’s something else they missed or that it’s coming from lymphnodes or another organ they didn’t look at close enough. Maybe my ovaries even though the pain isn’t quite that low.

I have no idea what I should have checked next. It’s comes and goes and this weekend it’s definitely lingering. It’s making crazy and I’m just trying to see if anyone has had a similar circumstance! Thanks.

Re: Right side pain.

Thank you for the kind words. I somewhat feel like it could be my abdominal muscles or a hernia or something like that. I just thought something like that would have shown up in the CT scan they did - so of course I start to worry about other things. HA at its finest :/ thanks again for the encouragement- hopefully we can all finally get some relief from our HA worries!

Re: Right side pain - unexplained so far :/

There's a good chance that this is muscular pain. Do you find yourself fiddling with it a lot? You know, just to check if it still hurts? If the pain is muscular, this could exacerbate it, prolonging how long the pain lasts.

Thanks for the reply! Well for the last couple months it’s been sporadic. I specifically remember it hurting around the end of March and then it wasn’t bothering me as much. And now it’s really bothering me but yes - I also have been messing with it more. Trying to feel around to see if there is anything I can feel. On a side note - a few nights ago I was feeling around and thought I felt a golf ball sized ball in my lower abdomen on that side - maybe on my ovary. I freaked out of course but the next morning I couldn’t feel it any more. I had some tenderness and now Ever since I’ve been really consumed with this pain in that area thinking (again, maybe they missed something originally.)

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

I have had the same kind of pain for over a year now. Very hard to pin point. At times it feels like its my lower back, then my flank, then more kidney centered. But most of all it all seems to be rooted in my lower right abdomen.
    I've had a CT, ultrasound, multiple pee tests, blood test. Nothing ever shows up.

Sometimes it feels deep in my body, other times i feel its in my muscles and i can stretch it out. Then other times it feels almost on the surface and my skin feels prickly or sensitive to the touch in that area. It's all so ill defined and moves around. Doctor suggested nerve pain. But couldn't really expand upon that.

I think it's a toss up between bowel issues/gas which I've also had problems with, or some muscle problem in that area that wraps around the flank. Very frustrating and has caused my great anxiety off and on for the past 15 months.

Wow that does sound exactly like my situation. I too have pain in my flank, I feel back and hip strain on that side so I know I have some strain or injury. But this abdominal pain is hit or miss. Sometimes worse - I feel like if I’m gassy, or bloated from female stuff, that my abdominal wall hurts on that side because it’s pushed out slightly. Much like you said about the gas issues. Sometimes it’s just aching but I push and massage it and can’t find anything that’s particularly painful. It’s distressing when there seems to be no specific cause and like you said with the HA it just makes one think ‘what if’. I have about 5 other worries related to my health that I’m currently spiraling over but this one feels more accuse at the moment and it hadnt been quite this tender or achy since the end of March or so. Well I hope we get to the cause of it soon! Thanks for the reply!

Trying to keep up with my thread. Can panic from HA make you feel physically sick? I feel shaky, lightheaded, sometimes when I look at my phone I feel like I’m going to get dizzy but is subsided. I’ve beenreally worrying about my neck lump/thing and I go in two days for my u/s results - I’m convinced I have lymphoma or something worse now. I read about itching with lymphoma and now I’ve been feeling little itchy spots all over. I literally cannot shake this belief - I have been picturing the dr. Giving me the bad news. I feel like I cannot concentrate or resume my life until I know what will happen at the appointment :/

If you read this - thank you. I’m not trying to be needy or whiny but I’m just truly in sad place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information